The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oluwafemi.muyiwa
u man r nerds not gonna lie

:biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 281
A kind reminder to all members that non-constructive comments are not welcomed on this thread and that like any other thread exisiting TSR rules still apply. Failure to comply with these rules will lead to disciplinary action being taken.

Thank You,
JTran38
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by haseeb798
What exam board do you do?
I do Edexcel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I do Edexcel too :smile:
Reply 283
Original post by MissMilkshake
Tbh I am still

The majority of us are I guess and I'm proud of it :biggrin:
Original post by snikerio
Thank you :smile:
For the osmosis one, I believe I brought about 7 pages of just copied and pasted info and wrote up 4 sides (with a 2 side bibliography). We were given a double lesson for that so I had plenty of time to sort out the parts most relevant to the questions in lesson. I'm sure you know this, but the bibliography is soooo important. Make sure you get everything your teacher tells you to include - the entire URL, the author, the date when it was last edited, when you accessed it and the company or organisation that made it. We were also told specifically not to use Wikipedia. Don't forget to reference as you go as well.

For the structure, I believe I just printed off a picture of the two different types of cells and used that as a reference. I had two sections; similarities and differences. If I recognised the part of the cell I would add what it was used for; i.e. mitochondria for respiration, because organisms need to respire etc etc. I also mentioned the names of some stuff that were in the diagram but I hadn't heard of like golgi apparatus. This probably wasn't the best strategy though. I would recommend finding out what parts of the cells we're required to know and discussing them in order to be efficient and cover anything that's required. Splitting it up into similarities and differences worked well. (bare in mind [I think] research isn't marked on content, but method, thus why there's so much emphasis on the bibliography)

Good luck with your physics! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely pay more attention on my bibliography and I think i know now what too write. Thanks sooo much.
Original post by Vin57xd
Im doing OCR B triple aswell, starting chemistry coursework as soon as we get back to school :frown: how much have you revised over the summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyyy :smile:. I have done most of my chem coursework just before school ended and i'm finishing it when school starts again. Right now i am starting my bio coursework and i finished my phy coursework last yr. This summer i kinda went over all the content for the modules but i've been kinda lazy and have been just relaxing. I have also done some maths work as i know that on the first day back from school my whole year will be given a "surprise" maths mock (lol my maths teacher told us on the last day). I still have a lot of work to do for next year but i am trying to not think about it lol :frown:. What about you?
I'm doing OCR b triple as well! I did both my Biology and Physics coursework at the end of last year, and find out my grades this September. Starting Chemistry coursework as soon as I get back 😁
Reply 287
Original post by bimball
I'm doing OCR b triple as well! I did both my Biology and Physics coursework at the end of last year, and find out my grades this September. Starting Chemistry coursework as soon as I get back 😁

Good Luck
Hi, I'm Aliya, my hobbies include baking, debating and reading

I'm doing 10 GCSE's which are:
1. English Lit and Lang- AQA ( I'm doing Frankenstein, Macbeth and An inspector calls)
2. Maths - AQA
3. Triple Science - AQA ( I done core science, not allowed to find out grades until I start back in September )
4. History - WJEC ( Haven't seen anyone doing this?? )
5. Geography - WJEC ( Ditto )
6. French - AQA
7. Religous Studies - Edexcel

I'm not ready for year 11 but I don't expect anyone to be, I feel as if everyone expects a lot of me and I'm scared to disappoint.

For A-Levels I would love to do history, french, maths and politics and government/economics

I really want to be a lawyer but my dream is to do PPE at a really good uni so maybe a law conversion

new on tsr but feel free to chat:h::h:
Original post by umar39
Welcome to the Current year 11 thread! :smile:
You certainly seem like an enthusiastic pupil. I can't believe I've found another person with WJEC for English :h:. How are you finding the specification? I'm personally finding it quite demanding especially as I find English quite challenging (although I enjoy the challenge!).

Be sure to drop me a PM if you ever need to discuss English or any other subject for that matter! :biggrin:

Hey, thanks :smile: The specification is a nightmare! The poetry is waaayy too much, on top of 3 books/plays. 18 is overkill, we are only writing about 2 in the exam, so why 18 instead of like 8 or 10?
Reply 290
Is the GCSE past paper section on TSR not working for everyone, or is it just me?
Original post by yaanii12

1. English Lit and Lang- AQA ( I'm doing Frankenstein, Macbeth and An inspector calls)
2. Maths - AQA
3. Triple Science - AQA ( I done core science, not allowed to find out grades until I start back in September )
6. French - AQA

I'm not ready for year 11 but I don't expect anyone to be, I feel as if everyone expects a lot of me and I'm scared to disappoint.

For A-Levels I would love to do history, french, maths and politics and government/economics

I really want to be a lawyer but my dream is to do PPE at a really good uni so maybe a law conversion

I'm not in year 11, but I'm sitting geography in year 10 with wjec, how're you finding it

2. Maths - AQA
6. French - AQA

I'm doing geography with wjec a year earlier so I'm at the same stage as you, how are you finding it learning 18 case studies
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
I'm doing geography with wjec a year earlier so I'm at the same stage as you, how are you finding it learning 18 case studies

lol you joined the year 11 thread in year 10? very weird
Original post by e2014
Is the GCSE past paper section on TSR not working for everyone, or is it just me?

Yeah, it's not loading for me. I'd just use the links within the OP.
Original post by Mahree_Ah
Hey, thanks :smile: The specification is a nightmare! The poetry is waaayy too much, on top of 3 books/plays. 18 is overkill, we are only writing about 2 in the exam, so why 18 instead of like 8 or 10?

The specification is truly one of the worst, if not the worst, compared to other exam boards! :s-smilie:
Many students are only studying 15 poems so 3 more probably isn't that much of a change. (The exam board either needs to reduce the total number of poems we have to learn to to increase the number of poems that we will analyse during the exam.)
It's ridiculous, on top of 18 poems, to essentially memorise 3 prose/plays as well. Yet, I suppose if you put the hours in you'll eventually be apt enough to perform well. It looks like i'll be spending a lot of hours revising for English! :biggrin:

umar39 :smile:
Original post by JTran38
A kind reminder to all members that non-constructive comments are not welcomed on this thread and that like any other thread exisiting TSR rules still apply. Failure to comply with these rules will lead to disciplinary action being taken.

Thank You,
JTran38

People can talk about whatever they want here - that's always been the case for year group threads. Of course, offensive comments will be removed but that's about it. :smile:
Original post by _gcx
Yeah, it's not loading for me. I'd just use the links within the OP.

Original post by e2014

A lot of TSR is messed up right now. I'd use the past papers on the exam board's websites :smile:
Reply 298
bit late but I'm Abigail and I'm doing 11 GCSEs
subject-exam board-predicted grade

Maths-Edexcel- old spec could have scraped an a* but don't know now as maths is not my strong point
English Lit- AQA- 8/9 (texts: An Inspector Calls, Macbeth, A Christmas Carol)
English Lang-AQA-8/9 (Power and Conflict poetry cluster)
Triple Science- OCR 21st Century-A*s
Religious Studies-AQA- short course Mark's Gospel and short course Christian Ethics-A*
History- AQA B- A*
Geography-Edexcel B-A*
French-Edexcel-A
Latin-OCR-A

I'm nervous about the maths mainly because I'm not good at applying maths knowledge and obviously that is a main change of the new exams. Latin and French will slowly kill me I'm sure. Honestly don't think I'm ready for year 11, because of science and history coursework. I do much better in exams than in coursework, because sadly I am a crammer. Need this to change in y11 though.

2. Maths - AQA
6. French - AQA

Hey, I'm new to TSR too. It's nice to meet you (virtually, of course). It's nice to see someone else who's studying WJEC History and Geography. I think I'm doing Route B for History, but I'm not too sure. I know for a fact I'm studying Spec B for Geography, and it's one of the worst subjects I've chosen. How are you finding History and Geography? History is okay for me, but the recent unit I've studied (The Role/Status of Women in the 20th Century) was boring.

I wish you all the best for Year 11. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest