The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr T 999
Oh cool so what exactly is the purpose of this society?
I spotted it while VMing @spotify95 and had a look. I thought it could be used to try and boost the support of all counting threads. Something as simple as saying you have to have done a certain number of posts before you can join is at least an incentive to get more people coming. (I'm making this up by the way: it's just an idea.) If we can use some of the MHoC as an example of how they have maintained very successful groups and relate that to the uptake of the debate/politics forum this is something that we could try and replicate with the counting threads (which are currently in a bit of a dire state at the minute), then this count will be complete a lot sooner.
104444:jive:
(edited 7 years ago)
There you are @mr T 999, you found out what I will do for four in a row ^
Original post by 04MR17
104440I spotted it while VMing @spotify95 and had a look. I thought it could be used to try and boost the support of all counting threads. Something as simple as saying you have to have done a certain number of posts before you can join is at least an incentive to get more people coming. (I'm making this up by the way: it's just an idea.) If we can use some of the MHoC as an example of how they have maintained very successful groups and relate that to the uptake of the debate/politics forum this is something that we could try and replicate with the counting threads (which are currently in a bit of a dire state at the minute), then this count will be complete a lot sooner.

That sounds like a pretty good idea tbh :yep:

Original post by 04MR17
104444:jive:

Oh yeah jive baby :jive: wonder what happens when you get 5 in a row? this --> :happy2:

Original post by mr T 999
That sounds like a pretty good idea to be honest wonder what happens when you get 5 in a row?
It just annoyed me that it was sitting there when that could be used as a sort of identity (going deep here) for us nerdy counters. As soon as @cupcakes87 sorts out the permissions. Let's cross that bridge...

Latest