The Student Room Group

Should I apply to Oxford to do maths with my results?

Originally if i was going to apply to either oxford or cambridge, it would have been cambridge, however I was told that Oxford look more at your GCSE's and don't look at your ums. I got AAAB at AS level with maths,physics,geography and chemistry. My UMS wasn't high for any of these apart from geography. I dropped geography and picked up AS further maths since the option was available to me so I am now doing chemistry maths and physics as my 3 a levels. In my GCSE's I got 8A*'s and 2A's and am unsure if it is worth using an application slot for oxford.

Thanks.
Original post by blurred
Originally if i was going to apply to either oxford or cambridge, it would have been cambridge, however I was told that Oxford look more at your GCSE's and don't look at your ums. I got AAAB at AS level with maths,physics,geography and chemistry. My UMS wasn't high for any of these apart from geography. I dropped geography and picked up AS further maths since the option was available to me so I am now doing chemistry maths and physics as my 3 a levels. In my GCSE's I got 8A*'s and 2A's and am unsure if it is worth using an application slot for oxford.

Thanks.

If you're hoping to get the required grades and are happy taking the MAT then I don't see why you wouldn't use one of your choices to apply for Oxford. It's not like you'll get a discount from UCAS for leaving it blank.

Quick Reply

Latest