The Student Room Group

Why are chokers suddenly extremely popular?

Half of the girls had them in the club last night. Is it to let guys know they're looking for a one night stand?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by monk1324
Is it to let guys know they're looking for a one night stand?

The only girls I know that wear them have boyfriends so I think we can safely assume it's not a mating signal.
It's their black belt.

EDIT: Only girls I've know that have worn them had some issues I'd rather stay away from, so I kind of discriminate based on that. It is what it is, but I've associated it with that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Half of the girls had them in the club last night. Is it to let guys know they're looking for a one night stand?

I've noticed a lot of girls wearing ankle bracelets acc, maybe that's it...
No it's because they're "in" this AW isn't it.
A lot of 90s stuff is coming back in. God knows why, awful time for fashion.

God, I sounded so gay and sophisticated just now :lol:
Your clothing choices are based on what boys think of them??
Hawt as ****, it makes me feel the woman is my property
They're in right now, they're not a 'mating call'. :colonhash:
Original post by bones-mccoy
Your clothing choices are based on what boys think of them??

Would there be something wrong with making a decision based on attracting the opposite sex? I don't know, say, if you were looking for a relationship?

It's to let people know that "they aren't like those 'other' girls"
black belt for sucking cock
Reply 12
It's fashion. The 90's are coming back. Personally I recommend hiding underneath your bed until it's over.
Original post by JoshDawg
Would there be something wrong with making a decision based on attracting the opposite sex? I don't know, say, if you were looking for a relationship?

Not necessarily, but if I was looking for a relationship I'd wear an outfit that I felt comfortable in and thought I looked good in myself. There's a difference between wearing something that makes you feel attractive to the opposite sex and not wearing something at all because "boys don't like it", I find that really bizarre.
Original post by bones-mccoy
Not necessarily, but if I was looking for a relationship I'd wear an outfit that I felt comfortable in and thought I looked good in myself. There's a difference between wearing something that makes you feel attractive to the opposite sex and not wearing something at all because "boys don't like it", I find that really bizarre.

Well they are their own person, and can do what they like for whatever reasons. Doesn't seem to be hurting anyone.
They're hot.
Original post by JoshDawg
Well they are their own person, and can do what they like for whatever reasons. Doesn't seem to be hurting anyone.

I'm not saying they can't do what they like or that they're hurting anyone, I just wanted to understand the reasoning behind it.
Lol they've been popular for a few years now! It's because they're so 90's and that's what's cool rn

Quick Reply

Latest