The Student Room Group

Why is there such a dearth of sincerity in the world?

It's so damn hard to find a sincere connection with someone relationship wise. It makes those opportunities that slipped away all the more poignant. Does anyone else experience this problem?? I'm hoping to find some inspiration or common ground here. What should I do?
Why?
It takes a lot of time and patience to find someone who is compatible as a potential relationship partner as well as looks attractive.
A lot of people are obvious liars or just not looking for a relationship.
Particularly on the most popular online sites.
Original post by mallowtopia
It takes a lot of time and patience to find someone who is compatible as a potential relationship partner as well as looks attractive.
A lot of people are obvious liars or just not looking for a relationship.
Particularly on the most popular online sites.

Thanks for your input. I already feel online dating is hopeless compared to accidental real life meetings I had in the past. But even they were so few and far between and unfortunately they slipped through my grasp as it were. At least 4/5 times where the feeling was mutual circumstances meant it didn't happen. Now I find the isolation painful and the lack of the right connection.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Thanks for your input. I already feel online dating is hopeless compared to accidental real life meetings I had in the past. But even they were so few and far between and unfortunately they slipped through my grasp as it were. At least 4/5 times where the feeling was mutual circumstances meant it didn't happen. Now I find the isolation painful and the lack of the right connection.

Online dating is a bit like a maze with lots of pathways leading to a zoo, a circus, casual sex, a muddy pond brimming with very strange little fishies and a quicksand beach. :biggrin:

Offline singles events and professional introductions are always a lot better.
Particularly those organised or sponsored by experienced dating consultancies and matchmaking services.
DinnerDates is a great way for people in their 30s to meet singles who are looking to date, its also a good place to make professional contacts.

I believe in right person wrong time.
Maybe one day there will be a chance to either meet them again in the same room or receive a social media request to chat/video call from them online to say a final goodbye and silence all the 'what if' whispered thoughts that only start on cold lonely nights.
Good luck!
Original post by mallowtopia
Online dating is a bit like a maze with lots of pathways leading to a zoo, a circus, casual sex, a muddy pond brimming with very strange little fishies and a quicksand beach. :biggrin:

Offline singles events and professional introductions are always a lot better.
Particularly those organised or sponsored by experienced dating consultancies and matchmaking services.
DinnerDates is a great way for people in their 30s to meet singles who are looking to date, its also a good place to make professional contacts.

I believe in right person wrong time.
Maybe one day there will be a chance to either meet them again in the same room or receive a social media request to chat/video call from them online to say a final goodbye and silence all the 'what if' whispered thoughts that only start on cold lonely nights.
Good luck!

Right person wrong time(I've had a lot of chaos in my life) has been too frequent for me. I find it extremely painful to know that mutual feelings and connections were just thrown away. Unfortunately it is very hard to see those people ever again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending