The Student Room Group

Mathematical Olympiad for Girls

Hi all,
I am sitting this on Tuesday and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for how to prepare for it? For most questions the solutions are actually really simple but it's often difficult to spot those tricks/approaches, so was just wondering if anyone had any tips?

Thank you
same but I tried the past papers and I feel that the questions are much harder than the UKMT intermediate / senior challenge
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Hi all,
I am sitting this on Tuesday and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for how to prepare for it? For most questions the solutions are actually really simple but it's often difficult to spot those tricks/approaches, so was just wondering if anyone had any tips?

Thank you
ive got a silver / almost gold in the Intermediate Maths Challenge. I am not sure if I should do this because it seems very hard
Original post by student004
same but I tried the past papers and I feel that the questions are much harder than the UKMT intermediate / senior challenge

I agree. And here you lose marks for silly things like not proving that x2-y2=(x+y)(x-y)

& I really didn't want to do it but I didn't have a say in the matter - my teacher entered me anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest