The Student Room Group

ucas for maths

i wanna do a maths degree but all the ukmt or olympiads i do r kind of bad is that fine since my personal statement might look worse compared to others since i never have got merit.
any tips im in y12 btw
Honestly unless your applying Trinity or an international student I wouldnt be too concerned, personal statements are not that important for maths just read a book or something and throw that on they interview practically everyone with good predicted grades and doing the right number of a levels (3 most of the time, 4 if alot of kids in your school do 4)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
i wanna do a maths degree but all the ukmt or olympiads i do r kind of bad is that fine since my personal statement might look worse compared to others since i never have got merit.
any tips im in y12 btw

Hey I Applied maths this year and last year I was in a similar position but theres quite alot you could do in a year to make a good personal statement. Id advise to Read a mathematical book its often a great thing to reference in your personal statement as long as you can show what you understand from it. Additionally you could watch videos and attend talks related to the mathematical fields that interest you. Another thing to consider attending are programs like sutton trust and look for work experience that could show applied maths even better if its in a field that you are considering to go into. On top of this in the summer maybe start looking into the tests such as MAT and STEP that you may have to take for offers and start the prep. If you need any more help feel free to DM.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending