The Student Room Group

Maths supercurriculars.

I’m restarting Year 12 due to a sudden change in school so I pretty much have all summer free. My top goal is to attend Oxford and I get pretty good grades without revising (I haven’t tried for my mocks). Does anyone know some supercurriculars good for my application?
Reply 1
Original post by Hedgehog ED
I’m restarting Year 12 due to a sudden change in school so I pretty much have all summer free. My top goal is to attend Oxford and I get pretty good grades without revising (I haven’t tried for my mocks). Does anyone know some supercurriculars good for my application?

Math Olympiad
Read a lot of math related books (there's a recommended reading list on their website)
Reply 2

Turn to page 29 please!!! :biggrin: https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/super-curricular_suggestions.pdf
an elite maths competition or the Oxford Online Maths Club, though i am not sure how they well look on an application
Reply 4

I think it's important to be doing maths, and doing questions that stretch you and aren't just rehashed questions you've already mastered once. (Though I'd ignore the suggestion of olympiads as tthey're nothing like university mathematics,) I'm sorry to hear you're going to repeat Year 12. Depending on how well you completed the material the first time around that could be quite boring. Have you discussed with your new school how you might give yourself more of a challenge this coming year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending