The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
I did suggest it but as spotify mentioned, they're so infrequent that we'd probably all forget!I'm still at the top! :colondollar:. By the way, if you're stilll going case-sensitive markovchain17 is lower case:yep:
Erm, mr T. Do you recall a PM I sent you a while ago. Well the same PM has been sent to this user, who so far is respecting what we asked for. :yep:

I would like to suggest that we stop talking about his in public before CT/ST or you know who sees it.:redface:

Haha yep you're right, we'd likely forget about the no. of palindromes as there's so few of them about!

Okay :smile: I got a bit carried away didn't I? :biggrin: Oh well :tongue:

Original post by Raring.2.Go

Reported

Original post by markovchain17
I know so it would be a lot more competitive than the 100 post ones :biggrin:

Haha yep that is so true :smile:

Look forward to hearing it but I have a question... What's VM? :s-smilie:

VM = Visitor Messages. I was going to send you a visitor message but from what I see you've got visitor messaging switched off, so I got His Majesty to PM you my idea instead :yep:

Afternoon @Illimitable :smile:
Original post by spotify95
VM = Visitor Messages. I was going to send you a visitor message but from what I see you've got visitor messaging switched off, so I got His Majesty to PM you my idea instead :yep:

Afternoon @Illimitable :smile:

122,352 Good Afternoon! How are you doing?
(edited 7 years ago)
I tend not to buy job lots from ebay, had bad experiences in the past as well :frown: I got a job lot of some old broken gameboy games about a year ago. You can make quite some profit just by putting in a fixing in a new battery into the cartridges as that's usually the most common problem and then selling them again. However, when these arrived, i got half of the games i was promised and some were even bootlegs! Which did not match the photo on the listing. They had over 98% feedback so I thought they were trustworthy. I only use gumtree now for finding stuff to fix up as I can go and check out the items before buying unlike on ebay!

Hmm... yep, I see your point, you can get bad experiences on there :sadnod: However, this experience won't put me off buying and selling on eBay :smile:
It should be quite obvious though, that you should be describing your items accurately, otherwise it is likely for item not as described!
Hmm, sounds interesting :smile: I don't tend to deal with gameboy games as I rarely play my Gameboy Advance, though I do keep it for just in case I want to play the single GBA game I have, or my old, ancient Gameboy Original games! Who remembers the Gameboy Original? :biggrin: Oh dear, are bootlegs games that are not genuine, or are they irreparable, or other? As I don't know much about Gameboy games (especially the original and advance games). In regards to the feedback best bet is to look at the most current feedback ratings & also the detailed seller ratings (stars out of 5). The seller that I bought these dodgy MP3s from has over 1700 feedbacks in total, 98.8% positive feedback and all detailed seller ratings were 4.9/5 or 5/5, depending on the category! And yet they still refused to list the item as for parts or not working, which was what all untested goods should be in (as it then covers you if it doesn't work) - though as I have said before, it only takes about 2 minutes to quickly test an MP3 player, so there really was no excuse...

I tried Gumtree once but it involves local collections etc, and eBay is much simpler and easier - just describe it (accurately!), get paid via Paypal, send it through the post & away you go :smile:

Original post by spotify95
Hmm... yep, I see your point, you can get bad experiences on there :sadnod: However, this experience won't put me off buying and selling on eBay :smile:
It should be quite obvious though, that you should be describing your items accurately, otherwise it is likely for item not as described!
Hmm, sounds interesting :smile: I don't tend to deal with gameboy games as I rarely play my Gameboy Advance, though I do keep it for just in case I want to play the single GBA game I have, or my old, ancient Gameboy Original games! Who remembers the Gameboy Original? :biggrin: Oh dear, are bootlegs games that are not genuine, or are they irreparable, or other? As I don't know much about Gameboy games (especially the original and advance games). In regards to the feedback best bet is to look at the most current feedback ratings & also the detailed seller ratings (stars out of 5). The seller that I bought these dodgy MP3s from has over 1700 feedbacks in total, 98.8% positive feedback and all detailed seller ratings were 4.9/5 or 5/5, depending on the category! And yet they still refused to list the item as for parts or not working, which was what all untested goods should be in (as it then covers you if it doesn't work) - though as I have said before, it only takes about 2 minutes to quickly test an MP3 player, so there really was no excuse...

I tried Gumtree once but it involves local collections etc, and eBay is much simpler and easier - just describe it (accurately!), get paid via Paypal, send it through the post & away you go :smile:

I remember getting the Gameboy original off a flea market when i was about 4 or 5 :biggrin: I used to think it was better than my brother's gameboy color simply because mine was bigger :rofl: and yes bootlegs are fake imports, mainly from china. I can detect pretty much any bootleg pokemon game just from looking at it but since these were just general gameboy games I had no clue until i actually received them!

Original post by Raring.2.Go

PT's back and he's gone! :biggrin: that was pretty fast

:wavey:

Latest