The Student Room Group

Actuarial Grad Schemes 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mrhappysmile1
How long ago was that? Damn I hope I haven't left it too late.

I contacted them on the day I got the phone interview invitation. It was a few weeks ago since I applied early. It should be fine for you if it has only been a few days since your invitation.
Original post by Mrhappysmile1
Still wondering about the EY interview, they have confirmed that I have it but they haven't told me when... I think I may call them tomorrow and find out.

Has anyone looked at any of the big reinsurers - like Munich RE for example? I am trying to understand how their application process works as on the website it provides info for last years recruitment process.

Paraphilos - did you get any information about when your EY interview was going to take place? And no, for me it's an interview for actuarial - just out of curiosity what was/is your degree in?

My undergrad was in maths and my masters is also in maths. However I did do an internship at a technology company so maybe they assigned me that and didn't think I was good enough for actuarial stream? I think I will just try anyway.

By the way on Munich RE I am also curious! Am I right in saying they only have the Munich position open at present? I think I emailed them a while back to ask but can't remember if I'm honest.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Paraphilos
My undergrad was in maths and my masters is also in maths. However I did do an internship at a technology company so maybe they assigned me that and didn't think I was good enough for actuarial stream? I think I will just try anyway.

By the way on Munich RE I am also curious! Am I right in saying they only have the Munich position open at present? I think I emailed them a while back to ask but can't remember if I'm honest.

I'm going to try and contact them and find out about the positions - from what I gather about last year is that the graduate schemes meant you had to go and do a cycle around some of their main offices globally but end up in the office of your choice. I don't know if you can pick an actuarial role specifically but I'll let you know when I find out. Have you looked at any of the other big reinsurers/insurers?

And I don't think so, I only have a degree in Maths. Could be that they just have loads of applicants in actuarial and are lacking in technology - could give you a better opportunity... who knows.
Anyone have the deloitte actuarial interview yet?
Reply 84
Has anyone, applied to the GAD and if so have you completed the online tests?
Reply 85
Yup i've completed the tests
Reply 86
Original post by lordroro
Yup i've completed the tests

How did you find them?

Didi you manage to complete all the questions on time?
Reply 87
Original post by N1815
How did you find them?

Didi you manage to complete all the questions on time?

I found them a bit tricky but I managed to do all of them. What about you?
Reply 88
I found them a bit tricky but I managed to do all of them. What about you?

Ahh well done.

I was unable to finish all the VR ones, but for the numeracy ones I was 3 more questions to go when the window came up :-(

Hoping I am able to get through :-(

Spent my whole weekend, revising these tests tbh!
Reply 89
Anyone got the PwC first-round London f2f? I thought first round was phone.
Reply 90
Has anyone heard back from punter Southall yet ?
I have an offer for the GDP Internship for next summer for Willis Towers Watson.
Reply 92
Original post by Akasop10
Has anyone heard back from punter Southall yet ?

Nope I applied in like September but still no reply
Reply 93
For those waiting for LCP Insurance consulting.. All positions filled.

Anyone heard back from Deloitte after passing the screening? i.e. for a first round interview
Original post by DH.

Anyone heard back from Deloitte after passing the screening? i.e. for a first round interview

On their website, they claim to only begin reviewing applications in January. Is this information incorrect?
Original post by DH.

Original post by mathematigeek
On their website, they claim to only begin reviewing applications in January. Is this information incorrect?

Is this true? How do you know?
Original post by DH.

Do you have a source for the LCP claim? The application form for 2017 looks to be open still. https://www.lcp.uk.com/careers/graduate-opportunities/how-to-apply/
Original post by DH.

I sent my application to LCP like in September or something and I seem to have missed everything. What a shame.
Reply 98
Nope I applied in like September but still no reply

I have an interview next week, they called me last Friday (Guildford/Wokingham offices)
Reply 99
Original post by mathematigeek

Original post by JamjamjamT
Is this true? How do you know?

Original post by WhatsAnActuary
Do you have a source for the LCP claim? The application form for 2017 looks to be open still. https://www.lcp.uk.com/careers/graduate-opportunities/how-to-apply/

I went to their one and only AC for Insurance consulting and was told there. They probably still have it open incase people drop out etc.
This is ONLY for Insurance consulting.. still recruiting for Investment/pensions I assume.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending