Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Got a question about graduate schemes? Ask it here, and get it answered
Last edited by shadowdweller; 1 week ago
hzk17
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hello, wanted to inquire about UFLP. I have a old Unilever careers account and have applied twice for the UFLP Program, unsuccessful both times. I wanted know that will making a new account be beneficial for me in the sense that I would apply as a fresh candidate. If any inherent bias in the Pymetrics AI would be flushed, this is my theory. What do you suggest.
AThaqi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey I’ve recently applied for the traineeship at Willmott Dixon and I was wondering how long do you think it would take them to reply and also some of things they would be looking for ???
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
(Original post by hzk17)
Hello, wanted to inquire about UFLP. I have a old Unilever careers account and have applied twice for the UFLP Program, unsuccessful both times. I wanted know that will making a new account be beneficial for me in the sense that I would apply as a fresh candidate. If any inherent bias in the Pymetrics AI would be flushed, this is my theory. What do you suggest.
Personally I’d just continue using your existing account - it’s likrly they’d be able to link them anyway if you created a new one, given your details would be largely the same! I don’t think there should be any AI bias based on your previous applications, though without knowing more about the process I can’t be certain.

(Original post by AThaqi)
Hey I’ve recently applied for the traineeship at Willmott Dixon and I was wondering how long do you think it would take them to reply and also some of things they would be looking for ???
Hey - I’ve not experienced this company so I can’t give you specifics, but in general it can take a few months for companies to get back to you sometimes, especially if the deadline isn’t for a while! Generally speaking, companies will be looking for candidates that have similar values to their own, and meet the skills they need - I’d suggest doing some research on the company and their values, and having a think about if and how you meet those
OLS151294
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Any idea where I can find practice Pymetrics tests?
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
(Original post by OLS151294)
Any idea where I can find practice Pymetrics tests?
Hey, you should be able to find some info about that here

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/job...aptitude-tests
Anonymous370
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is it possbile to apply for a Grad Scheme when it's over 2yrs following your graduation ? Or automatically rejected ? Any hope for 2017 graduates to get onto one if they didn't, or have they simply missed the boat? Thanks.
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous370)
Is it possbile to apply for a Grad Scheme when it's over 2yrs following your graduation ? Or automatically rejected ? Any hope for 2017 graduates to get onto one if they didn't, or have they simply missed the boat? Thanks.
It will depend somewhat on the scheme in question, but in general I believe you should still be able to apply! Best of luck with it :hugs:
starwars123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Got a question about graduate schemes? Ask it here, and get it answered

https://i.imgur.com/xA1No8V.png
Hi Everyone!

Hope you all are well.

I haven't really been able to find information on what I am about to ask online, so I will post it here in hopes of getting a rough idea on how I should approach this situation.

I have recently graduated with a 2.1 Bachelors degree and I will be going on to do a 12-month masters study at LSE come September 2019 and will only finish on 23rd September 2020, the following year.

I am also very keen on applying for Graduate Schemes/Jobs for the 2020 intake where many of them start work in the months of August/September 2020. I am aware that the dissertation submission will be September 2020 (in the post summer term at LSE). However my main concern is whether I would still be able to apply for Graduate Job/Schemes for the 2020 intake, or would I be not allowed, even if I aim to complete my dissertation by August 2020?

Would the graduate schemes for the 2020 batch take into account my Bachelors degree (BA) grade, because I would not have received my masters degree grade until November, in time for the winter graduation period?

Any advice/help is much appreciated!!

Thank you
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by starwars123)
Hi Everyone!

Hope you all are well.

I haven't really been able to find information on what I am about to ask online, so I will post it here in hopes of getting a rough idea on how I should approach this situation.

I have recently graduated with a 2.1 Bachelors degree and I will be going on to do a 12-month masters study at LSE come September 2019 and will only finish on 23rd September 2020, the following year.

I am also very keen on applying for Graduate Schemes/Jobs for the 2020 intake where many of them start work in the months of August/September 2020. I am aware that the dissertation submission will be September 2020 (in the post summer term at LSE). However my main concern is whether I would still be able to apply for Graduate Job/Schemes for the 2020 intake, or would I be not allowed, even if I aim to complete my dissertation by August 2020?

Would the graduate schemes for the 2020 batch take into account my Bachelors degree (BA) grade, because I would not have received my masters degree grade until November, in time for the winter graduation period?

Any advice/help is much appreciated!!

Thank you
Will you have an idea of the grade you expect to get? If so, you could apply with your predicated grade?
yaaaas
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When do you start applying for graduate schemes? How do you find them? I'm so confused, my uni hasn't been very supportive, I know where I want to go in terms of location (I ideally will be living in the midlands after I graduate as that's where my partner works) but all graduate schemes I've googled are in London or other big cities, how do I find one in a smaller city? I'm so confused lol
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
(Original post by yaaaas)
When do you start applying for graduate schemes? How do you find them? I'm so confused, my uni hasn't been very supportive, I know where I want to go in terms of location (I ideally will be living in the midlands after I graduate as that's where my partner works) but all graduate schemes I've googled are in London or other big cities, how do I find one in a smaller city? I'm so confused lol
Any time from now really! More schemes will start opening from September, but there will still be some available now :yep:

What sector/roles are you looking for? I'll try to send some resources your way!
yaaaas
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Any time from now really! More schemes will start opening from September, but there will still be some available now :yep:

What sector/roles are you looking for? I'll try to send some resources your way!
I am graduating with a degree in Business Management and Marketing so anything management, marketing, HR, accounting related. My partner has got a job in Hereford and ideally I would want to work there as well, but as it is a town rather than a large city, I struggle to find anything at all! Is there even any businesses in Hereford that run graduate schemes? So Birmingham would do if I can't find anything around Hereford/Worcester/Gloucester sort of thing. I would be extremely grateful for some help/sources
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
(Original post by yaaaas)
I am graduating with a degree in Business Management and Marketing so anything management, marketing, HR, accounting related. My partner has got a job in Hereford and ideally I would want to work there as well, but as it is a town rather than a large city, I struggle to find anything at all! Is there even any businesses in Hereford that run graduate schemes? So Birmingham would do if I can't find anything around Hereford/Worcester/Gloucester sort of thing. I would be extremely grateful for some help/sources
Having had a bit of a scour, are any of these suitable?

I know some of the roles listed in each link might not be suitable, but I think some will be!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%