The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Help! Lincoln or Nottingham?

I am currently applying to University. I am considering Lincoln and Nottingham as my top two choices. I want to study Zoology. My questions are... Which is better? What do current students think of both places? I am from a rough part of Birmingham, yes I am Asian, is it safe for me to live there? Is it worth doing a foundation degree? Sorry for the long paragraph, this is my first post!
Original post by Nahid97
I am currently applying to University. I am considering Lincoln and Nottingham as my top two choices. I want to study Zoology. My questions are... Which is better? What do current students think of both places? I am from a rough part of Birmingham, yes I am Asian, is it safe for me to live there? Is it worth doing a foundation degree? Sorry for the long paragraph, this is my first post!

Hi Nahid,

We have over 100 nationalities here at the University of Lincoln and the City is a tourist attraction itself drawing in over 100,000 thousand visitors each year from around the globe.

Hope this helps!

Darren :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by Nahid97

Lincoln is as great university and the city is beautiful, the university is very multicultural and you would be totally fine and safe, I've never had an issue! I personally recommend doing and Bachelors degree straight off rather than a foundation!

If you do choose Lincoln; Welcome to Lincoln and Minerva Lives On
Reply 3
How is the student accommodation at Lincoln & Nottingham? Is there a place to park my car.
Original post by Nahid97
How is the student accommodation at Lincoln & Nottingham? Is there a place to park my car.

The accommodation at Lincoln is great, there is a huge selection to choose from, and with regards to cars, in Lincoln you are a bit restricted, same as most universities, in all honesty you wouldn't need one.
Original post by Nahid97

Honestly, it's fine to live here but if you're looking for diversity, I'd stick to Nottingham. It isn't unsafe for you here in Lincoln, I'm Asian too and I've had no problems with it, but as much as people say its very multicultural - it isn't so much. There are a lot of East Asian students, but I've seen a handful of other South Asians around campus and barely any around town. I'm originally from Nottingham and it's better for diversity, and there's a lot more to do there. Coming from Birmingham, you might struggle as Lincoln is quite small.
Reply 6
Original post by Nahid97

Nottingham, just a better reputable uni. Although it does depend on the courses in detail, which has better modules you prefer? can you visit the applicant days? pick the one you prefer
Hi Nahid,

Choosing a university can be difficult - it is definitely worth visiting both to see which one feels right for you.

We are happy to say that our Zoology BSc (Hons) is ranked 1st in the UK. In addition, 100% of Lincoln Zoology students said they were satisfied with this course overall, according to the National Student Survey 2016.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Darren :smile:
Lincoln is a very nice and safe place to live but it is very small. I'm currently applying to uni and I have applied to both. Both universities are nice but I'd advise that you go and look around both of them. As for a car at uni, if you go to either of these, you wont need a car as public transport is good.
The accomodation at Nottingham is very nice. As for Lincoln I'm not sure as if I go there, I am planning to love at home. Nottingham is the more diverse city and according to a friend who studies there, the nightlife is better.

Quick Reply

Latest