The Student Room Group

UCAT and GCSEs points cut off for Nottingham med school for 2022 entry?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone who applied for 2022 entry last year for Nottingham med school can provide any info. on the cut off for last year? I am getting a score of 128/152, and I really don't know if it is enough?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student2023entry
Hi, I was wondering if anyone who applied for 2022 entry last year for Nottingham med school can provide any info. on the cut off for last year? I am getting a score of 128/152, and I really don't know if it is enough?

It was 127 last year for non-WP. 128 is still slightly risky since cutoffs tend to go up year on year, but up to you whether or not to apply.
Original post by bea_murray0
It was 127 last year for non-WP. 128 is still slightly risky since cutoffs tend to go up year on year, but up to you whether or not to apply.

Thank you! Also do you know what would be enough for Keele's R and R form?
I have done 3 months of Charity shop work - so 24 hours
4 months of Hospital volunteering - 20 hours
Care home - I am going to start tomorrow since they have only just opened.
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you! Also do you know what would be enough for Keele's R and R form?
I have done 3 months of Charity shop work - so 24 hours
4 months of Hospital volunteering - 20 hours
Care home - I am going to start tomorrow since they have only just opened.

You need 4 activities, and based on who got interviews last year, I think how you reflect is more important than what you do and how many hours, so make sure you can reflect on all of them well. You also need to show evidence of helping people, which might be harder in the charity shop, but you could just add a line like 'I make sure to ask customers if there's anything I can do help'. Hope this helps!
You need 4 activities, and based on who got interviews last year, I think how you reflect is more important than what you do and how many hours, so make sure you can reflect on all of them well. You also need to show evidence of helping people, which might be harder in the charity shop, but you could just add a line like 'I make sure to ask customers if there's anything I can do help'. Hope this helps!

Do you think it will be ok if I had 4 activities but one of them was pre covid because it was quite a significant amount of time I had done it for and during covid literally everything was closed?
Do you think it will be ok if I had 4 activities but one of them was pre covid because it was quite a significant amount of time I had done it for and during covid literally everything was closed?

I don't think there's a limit on how long ago it was (or maybe it's something like 5 years?) but I used my experience of volunteering at a food bank, which I did for a year about 5 years ago and that seemed to be perfectly fine! You can always email them to check though.
I don't think there's a limit on how long ago it was (or maybe it's something like 5 years?) but I used my experience of volunteering at a food bank, which I did for a year about 5 years ago and that seemed to be perfectly fine! You can always email them to check though.

Okay thank you so much for replying, it is so helpful in these stressful times, I just have another query, is it true that the Keele interview is quite difficult to prepare for? If so, how would you recommend preparing? Maybe any online course you did when you applied?
Okay thank you so much for replying, it is so helpful in these stressful times, I just have another query, is it true that the Keele interview is quite difficult to prepare for? If so, how would you recommend preparing? Maybe any online course you did when you applied?

Bearing in mind that I can't disclose any info about specific interviews I've had, and can only speak generally, Keele use MMIs, which can be hard to prepare for since there are a lot of different types of station that could come up, but personally, I didn't find interview prep too hard. I used mock MMIs on YouTube (there are loads), you could have a look now to get an idea of the types of questions asked, but I wouldn't worry too much about which unis have harder interviews.
Bearing in mind that I can't disclose any info about specific interviews I've had, and can only speak generally, Keele use MMIs, which can be hard to prepare for since there are a lot of different types of station that could come up, but personally, I didn't find interview prep too hard. I used mock MMIs on YouTube (there are loads), you could have a look now to get an idea of the types of questions asked, but I wouldn't worry too much about which unis have harder interviews.

Thank you, I appreciate your help! Also I have a query about Lincoln and Nottingham, so if you apply to both, is it put as one option or is it two separate options? Also on the website it states that you get one interview if you apply to both, so say if you do get an interview, you technically don’t know which uni the interview is for? Or is it that you only need one interview to get an offer from both?
Thank you, I appreciate your help! Also I have a query about Lincoln and Nottingham, so if you apply to both, is it put as one option or is it two separate options? Also on the website it states that you get one interview if you apply to both, so say if you do get an interview, you technically don’t know which uni the interview is for? Or is it that you only need one interview to get an offer from both?

Honestly, I didn't know you only get 1 interview if you apply to both! Might be best to email them to clarify, but I assume you would only get an offer from the one you interviewed at.
Honestly, I didn't know you only get 1 interview if you apply to both! Might be best to email them to clarify, but I assume you would only get an offer from the one you interviewed at.

1 interview, at Nottingham, can get offers for both, if you apply for both (2 slots if you do) :smile:
Original post by GANFYD
1 interview, at Nottingham, can get offers for both, if you apply for both (2 slots if you do) :smile:

Interesting, thanks for the clarifications. Does Lincoln do any interviews or are interviews for both done at Nottingham?
Interesting, thanks for the clarifications. Does Lincoln do any interviews or are interviews for both done at Nottingham?

All are done at Nottingham, I believe
Original post by GANFYD
All are done at Nottingham, I believe

Ok, thanks for the info!
But this depends on what cut-off you meet I'm assuming, it's not like if you apply to both but you only meet the cut-off for Lincoln and you get an interview that you are eligible for both unis for an offer?

Original post by GANFYD
But this depends on what cut-off you meet I'm assuming, it's not like if you apply to both but you only meet the cut-off for Lincoln and you get an interview that you are eligible for both unis for an offer?

That is correct, if you apply for both, if invited, you will get one interview that will be used to decide on one or both, depending if you meet both cut offs, or just one
Original post by GANFYD
That is correct, if you apply for both, if invited, you will get one interview that will be used to decide on one or both, depending if you meet both cut offs, or just one

Ok thank you! Also do you know what my chances are for Keele:
I have done:
20 hours of Hospital Volunteering
16 hours of charity shop for D of E
25 hours of pharmacy work experience
40 hours of dementia care home volunteering
48 hours of online work experience

Does it depend a lot on how many hours you have done?
(edited 1 year ago)
hi @bea_murray0 i have currently 110/144 for lincoln and nottingham but im applying for the foundation year A108 OR A18L will the cut off be the same for foundation year students if not do you know what the cut off for foundation year students for 2022 entry was?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by astarsweat
hi @bea_murray0 i have currently 110/144 for lincoln and nottingham but im applying for the foundation year A108 OR A18L will the cut off be the same for foundation year students if not do you know what the cut off for foundation year students for 2022 entry was?

I'm sorry, I don't know. Try last year's threads

Hi I just have another questions regarding the R and R form, after a bit of digging I realised that they may not credit the hours of my pharmacy work experience but I do not know if this is true or not? Do they not consider work experience at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending