The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

How fast does Northumbria respond

So my UCAS got sent off last week and ive had replies from all of my unis except Northumbria...
I applied to Falmouth, Bournemouth Arts, UCA Canterbury and UCA Rochester for animation. It's so typical that Northumbria hasn't yet replied, as they're hopefully going to be my first choice :')
Has anyone else got any offers/responses from them yet?

Scroll to see replies

I just got an conditional offer from them this morning, and I think I submitted my application around 3-4 days ago. I think they will come around to your one soon :smile:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Hey CarysJSLewis, any word from Northumbria yet?
Original post by bbvii
Hey CarysJSLewis, any word from Northumbria yet?

Got an acknowledgement email over a week ago... Nothing since... Starting to panic a bit...
Reply 4
Original post by CarysJSLewis
Got an acknowledgement email over a week ago... Nothing since... Starting to panic a bit...

I know people who have had to wait 2 or 3 weeks from them, it just depends on the course you've applied for. If you get too worried just phone them and ask to speak to someone about it just to make sure, thats what i had to do as there was some confusion with my application. Good luck :smile:
I applied for Journalism 2 weeks ago today and haven't heard anything back from them either, not even an acknowledgement email!
Original post by megleighx
I applied for Journalism 2 weeks ago today and haven't heard anything back from them either, not even an acknowledgement email!

It makes me feel so nervous... I'm sure they'll get around to us. It's like the "biggest" uni i applied to, so i'm trying to get myself to believe that's why they're being slow...
Reply 7
Check your junk mail. I applied 5 days ago and thought it weird not to even have received an acknowledgement email but it went straight to junk. Still waiting on whether I made it onto the course though but they have ten working days I believe
I applied 3 weeks ago (more than probably!) and haven't got nothing in my junk box let alone an acknowledgement email. So god knows whether they've read my application or not!
I applied 3 weeks ago (more than probably!) and haven't got nothing in my junk box let alone an acknowledgement email. So god knows whether they've read my application or not!

I'm going to contact them on Monday. It's been three weeks since the acknowledgement email. Is it your first choice?
I'm going to contact them on Monday. It's been three weeks since the acknowledgement email. Is it your first choice?

Yeah think I might email them too. Not my first choice but has potential to be my insurance. I just need them to at least give me an answer so I can choose my firm offer!
Reply 11
I think you should contact them. I applied only 3 days ago and so far I've received an acknowledgement and another email showing me all of the university.
Original post by CMcC97
I think you should contact them. I applied only 3 days ago and so far I've received an acknowledgement and another email showing me all of the university.

Yeah I emailed them yesterday, no doubt they'll get back to me by tomorrow (hopefully)!
Yeah I emailed them yesterday, no doubt they'll get back to me by tomorrow (hopefully)!

Same here. Got a response this morning which seems like an internal email, and the admissions team were checking if i've been given an interview yet
Same here. Got a response this morning which seems like an internal email, and the admissions team were checking if i've been given an interview yet

Ah I haven't got a reply yet. Hopefully I do soon!
They replied saying they haven't made a decision yet because of how many applicants they received for my particular course and also they haven't confirmed the entry requirements yet! :smile:
They replied saying they haven't made a decision yet because of how many applicants they received for my particular course and also they haven't confirmed the entry requirements yet! :smile:

They replied to me saying they definitely want me in for an interview, they're just arranging dates, times, and the venue still :smile:
Reply 17
Just stopped by to see how it's going for you as I got my response today, congratulations! I'm sure you'll nail the interview :smile:
Original post by bbvii
Just stopped by to see how it's going for you as I got my response today, congratulations! I'm sure you'll nail the interview :smile:

No response yet, wonder if it's just my course that is so delayed in responses :/ anyone else doing journalism?!
Interview is all set up! Gotta head up north for the 1st of February (\^•^/)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending