The Student Room Group

CASH IN??

I am applying to different exam centres to resit modules. Can someone explain what "cash in" means?
Reply 1
Bump bump
I'm pretty sure it's where your centre takes your qualification as a single one. So, if someone did an AS in a subject and didn't want to carry on into A2, then their AS result would be 'cashed in'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by littlemix011
I'm pretty sure it's where your centre takes your qualification as a single one. So, if someone did an AS in a subject and didn't want to carry on into A2, then their AS result would be 'cashed in'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh okay so treating the qualification separately? Cheers x
Original post by Applepiex3
I am applying to different exam centres to resit modules. Can someone explain what "cash in" means?

Cash in means you ask the examiners to combine your best results from your separate units and calculate an overall qualification result. One of your centres has to do this or you won't have a final qualification grade and if you have applied to uni, no final qualification result will be communicated to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooh okay so treating the qualification separately? Cheers x

Yep x
Reply 6
Original post by gdunne42
Cash in means you ask the examiners to combine your best results from your separate units and calculate an overall qualification result. One of your centres has to do this or you won't have a final qualification grade and if you have applied to uni, no final qualification result will be communicated to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So should i submit a request to cash in?

I am retaking all the maths units (6/6) however one of my modules in maths (C3) has a coursework element which I would like to be carried forward, is this also cashed in? For Biology, there are 6 units, two of which are practicals, I presume I should ask for cash in since I am only resitting the written component (4/6 units)?

Thank you for your help btw x
So should i submit a request to cash in?

I am retaking all the maths units (6/6) however one of my modules in maths (C3) has a coursework element which I would like to be carried forward, is this also cashed in? For Biology, there are 6 units, two of which are practicals, I presume I should ask for cash in since I am only resitting the written component (4/6 units)?

Thank you for your help btw x

Yes you should cash in both subjects or you won't get a new grade for your two A levels.
Talk to the exams officer at the centres where you will take your exams and explain all the details to them and they will cash in for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest