The Student Room Group

C3 trig

http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/download/Maths/A-level/C3/Papers-Edexcel/June%202007%20QP%20-%20C3%20Edexcel.pdf

I hate it simply because it's bs. Everytime they'll give me another way to do it which gives the right answer. Everytime they'll do it and i can do the way they do it yet i can't think of they way they do it myself. Everytime they do something bs and i think to myself there's 50 million dam things you could do which are all valid and this is the way to do it ._____________.

Every dam time
q7a
here's where i got up to
sin2θ+cos2θsinθcosθ\dfrac{sin^2 \theta +cos^2 \theta}{sin \theta cos \theta}

1sinθcosθ\dfrac{1}{sin \theta cos \theta}

then i got stuck

then suddenly the mark scheme decides to multiply by 2. Tf mark scheme, Why doesn't it just multiply by 4. Why can't i think of ****ing multiplying by the dam number 2. It's just pathetic and i've done all the stupid jan c3 edexcel papers and still i can't do trig.

help me die pls
i dun wanna live anymore

Edit: or y'know what they could just leave it as cosecθsecθcosec \theta sec \theta that's fine too why not do that? .-----.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by will'o'wisp
http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/download/Maths/A-level/C3/Papers-Edexcel/June%202007%20QP%20-%20C3%20Edexcel.pdf

I hate it simply because it's bs. Everytime they'll give me another way to do it which gives the right answer. Everytime they'll do it and i can do the way they do it yet i can't think of they way they do it myself. Everytime they do something bs and i think to myself there's 50 million dam things you could do which are all valid and this is the way to do it ._____________.

Every dam time
q7a
here's where i got up to

then i got stuck

then suddenly the mark scheme decides to multiply by 2. Tf mark scheme, Why doesn't it just multiply by 4. Why can't i think of ****ing multiplying by the dam number 2. It's just pathetic and i've done all the stupid jan c3 edexcel papers and still i can't do trig.

help me die pls
i dun wanna live anymore

I would've noticed the similarity between the denominator and the Identity sin2x=2sinxcosx sin2x= 2sinxcosx and then worked from there.
Identities do take a while to get used to though, so don't worry if you can't 'spot' it straight away at the moment.

I'd recommend looking at some questions in here
http://madasmaths.com/archive_maths_booklets_standard_topics_trigonometry.html
Reply 2

Every dam time
q7a
here's where i got up to

then i got stuck

help me die pls
i dun wanna live anymore

Firstly, calm down. It's not that deep, it's just maths.

Note the following: 2csc2θ=2sin2θ=22sinθcosθ=1sinθcosθ 2\csc 2\theta = \frac{2}{sin2\theta}=\frac{2}{2\sin\theta\cos\theta}=\frac{1}{ \sin \theta \cos \theta}
Reply 3
Original post by solC
I would've noticed the similarity between the denominator and the Identity sin2x=2sinxcosx sin2x= 2sinxcosx and then worked from there.
Identities do take a while to get used to though, so don't worry if you can't 'spot' it straight away at the moment.

I wouldn't send him there bro.

If he's on the verge of killing himself, I don't think TeeEm's questions will make him feel any better...
Reply 4
Original post by solc
i would've noticed the similarity between the denominator and the identity sin2x=2sinxcosx sin2x= 2sinxcosx and then worked from there.

Original post by naruke
firstly, calm down. It's not that deep, it's just maths.

Note the following: 2csc2θ=2sin2θ=22sinθcosθ=1sinθcosθ 2\csc 2\theta = \frac{2}{sin2\theta}=\frac{2}{2\sin\theta\cos\theta}=\frac{1}{ \sin \theta \cos \theta}

that's the point guise i get that. Why can't i do that even after a multitude of papers?
Reply 5
that's the point guise i get that. Why can't i do that even after a multitude of papers?

Your final answer was 1sinθcosθ \frac{1}{\sin \theta \cos \theta} , correct?

Technically, you got the answer right since 2csc2θ=1sinθcosθ 2\csc 2\theta = \frac{1}{\sin \theta \cos \theta} . So, I don't think you'd lose marks... :colonhash:
Reply 6
Original post by Naruke

If he's on the verge of killing himself, I don't think TeeEm's questions will make him feel any better...

Original post by Naruke
Your final answer was 1sinθcosθ \frac{1}{\sin \theta \cos \theta} , correct?

Technically, you got the answer right since 2csc2θ=1sinθcosθ 2\csc 2\theta = \frac{1}{\sin \theta \cos \theta} . So, I don't think you'd lose marks... :colonhash:

:colonhash::colonhash:
:colonhash:
Reply 7
Original post by Naruke

Lol maybe you're right, but its probs better to do those than rinse all the past paper questions now
Reply 8

Probably because you don't know the identities well enough - it's not the exam paper's fault.

For C3 you need to know the double angle identities off by heart so you can spot things like sinθcosθ\sin \theta \cos \theta is similar to 2sinθcosθ=sin2θ2\sin \theta \cos \theta = \sin 2\theta.
Reply 9
x/QUOTE]

Complain to Edexcel or something.

Edit: On a more serious note though, just get some more practice with these types of questions if you struggle. TeeEM has a load of booklets which he has written solutions for!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by notnek
Probably because you don't know the identities well enough - it's not the exam paper's fault.

For C3 you need to know the double angle identities off by heart so you can spot things like sinθcosθ\sin \theta \cos \theta is similar to 2sinθcosθ=sin2θ2\sin \theta \cos \theta = \sin 2\theta.

I know that identity i couldn't make the link between 1sinθcosθ\dfrac{1}{sin \theta cos \theta} and 12(2sinθcosθ)\dfrac{1}{2(2sin \theta cos \theta)}

here look
my workings out from top to bottom, and left to right

[QUOTE="Naruke;69386182"]
x/QUOTE]

Complain to Edexcel or something.

Edit: On a more serious note though, just get some more practice with these types of questions if you struggle. TeeEM has a load of booklets which he has written solutions for!

that link sent to me, i can see the questions but not really the answer ;_; but eh i can zoom in and it works so i guess i'll make do

Quick Reply

Latest