The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Double Science ISA Paper 1

Hello, does anyone have any useful tips to achieve 19/20, 20/20 for the AQA GCSE Double Science ISA Paper 1?
Reply 1
Again anyone?
Original post by S2M
Again anyone?

Make sure that you carefully read the question, you want to include as much information as you can. You are allowed to use extra paper so make sure everything you write is detailed and well reasoned. As you know what your investigation is in advance you can write a method in advance and get good practice at using advanced vocabulary.

Most of the questions in paper 1 are similar from year to year. Have a look online to see if you can find some example ISAs, have a think about how these questions may apply to your ISA.

I hope that you find this useful for any future upcoming ISAs.
Reply 3
Original post by scphmapd
Make sure that you carefully read the question, you want to include as much information as you can. You are allowed to use extra paper so make sure everything you write is detailed and well reasoned. As you know what your investigation is in advance you can write a method in advance and get good practice at using advanced vocabulary.

Most of the questions in paper 1 are similar from year to year. Have a look online to see if you can find some example ISAs, have a think about how these questions may apply to your ISA.

I hope that you find this useful for any future upcoming ISAs.

I done this some time ago. I wasn't allowed extra paper when I asked for it.
Original post by S2M
I done this some time ago. I wasn't allowed extra paper when I asked for it.

That really surprises. In my class the majority of people used lots of extra paper. It was often used for the really short 3 mark questions because some of them require a lot references to data, especially paper 2.
Reply 5
That really surprises. In my class the majority of people used lots of extra paper. It was often used for the really short 3 mark questions because some of them require a lot references to data, especially paper 2.

Yeah you're right. I needed a lot of space where reference was required as I was also being specific. My teacher said that you should only use the space given because the answer in the mark scheme won't be as long as what I wrote.
Original post by S2M
Yeah you're right. I needed a lot of space where reference was required as I was also being specific. My teacher said that you should only use the space given because the answer in the mark scheme won't be as long as what I wrote.

The mark scheme is incredibly short, the biggest problem can sometimes be trying to say exactly what they are looking for, therefore by writing more you should have a better chance of including the correct details!
Reply 7
The mark scheme is incredibly short, the biggest problem can sometimes be trying to say exactly what they are looking for, therefore by writing more you should have a better chance of including the correct details!

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean how are we supposed to know what it says on the mark scheme? We are just going to write everything so that we have the best chances to get all of the marks.

Quick Reply

Latest