The Student Room Group

Skype Math Tutor?

Hi I am a year 10 girl and I am not very happy with my maths skills, would anybody mind tutoring me? I am in set 1 my target for the new gcse is an number 8 so i really need help. I'm going to be 100% dedicated, we can figure out a schedule together thanks.:smile:
Reply 1
Hi, what kind of help are you looking for? I'm currently at Sixth Form studying Maths & Further Maths after getting an A* last year and would be happy to help.
MathS
Reply 3
Original post by mwardle
Hi, what kind of help are you looking for? I'm currently at Sixth Form studying Maths & Further Maths after getting an A* last year and would be happy to help.

I was just looking for someone to maybe teach me some maths in preparation for year 11, as I find it a lot easier to learn outside of the classroom. I wanted to teach myself but I don't know where to start, also maybe some revision tips?
Reply 4
Original post by bushra15
I was just looking for someone to maybe teach me some maths in preparation for year 11, as I find it a lot easier to learn outside of the classroom. I wanted to teach myself but I don't know where to start, also maybe some revision tips?

Direct message me on here and I'll give you some contact details to see if we can come to an arrangement, I'm happy to help! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by mwardle
Direct message me on here and I'll give you some contact details to see if we can come to an arrangement, I'm happy to help! :smile:

Okay, thanks for your help. I've sent a private message to you I'm not sure if you have received it though. I'm new to the student room, I'm still trying to find my way around it :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by bushra15
Okay, thanks for your help. I've sent a private message to you I'm not sure if you have received it though. I'm new to the student room, I'm still trying to find my way around it :smile:

Please, don't pay for a tutor. It's such a waste of money in this day and age. You're doing GCSE maths, correct? It's really simple to succeed, but it does require work. I'll list out the steps.

Step 1: Find a site which do video tutorials on the topics. CorbettMaths was my link for GCSE still...

Step 2: Find a site which have worksheets for each topic. Again, CorbettMaths and bland.in was my link for GCSE

Step 3: Watch a tutorial for a topic, then do the worksheets for that topic. Keep doing that until you've covered all the topics.

Step 4: Start looking at past papers.

Step 5: Enjoy your A*
Reply 7
Original post by Naruke
Please, don't pay for a tutor. It's such a waste of money in this day and age. You're doing GCSE maths, correct? It's really simple to succeed, but it does require work. I'll list out the steps.

Step 1: Find a site which do video tutorials on the topics. CorbettMaths was my link for GCSE still...

Step 2: Find a site which have worksheets for each topic. Again, CorbettMaths and bland.in was my link for GCSE

Step 3: Watch a tutorial for a topic, then do the worksheets for that topic. Keep doing that until you've covered all the topics.

Step 4: Start looking at past papers.

Step 5: Enjoy your A*

Hi, the reason that I want a tutor is because, I've always struggled transitioning into the higher level maths but I am pretty alright at maths. I want to be really good at maths that's why I feel like I should get a tutor. Can anyone help me out?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest