The Student Room Group

The Harry Potter Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airmed
While Snape did all of that, he still bullied children. He teased a girl for having big teeth, he was absolutely horrible to Neville :sad:

I think that it was all part of the act. He was head of house slytherin after all and did secretly like Lilly so he decided from an early age to protect Harry. Sure, he went overboard but no one would have ever suspected Dumbledore and Snape working together
Reply 21
Original post by Spock's Socks
I really want to go to the Harry Potter studio tour in London :frown:

If only I were rich and didn't hate crowds :daydreaming:

I want to go too, I've not been in London in 15 years, it's on my to-do list.
Reply 22
Original post by econwarwicker
I think that it was all part of the act. He was head of house slytherin after all and did secretly like Lilly so he decided from an early age to protect Harry. Sure, he went overboard but no one would have ever suspected Dumbledore and Snape working together

Hmm, overboard or not, it was cruel. And I guess he hated Neville because Neville could have been the Chosen One, but to terrify the kid so much that his Boggart is Professor Snape? Honestly, that's cruel af
Original post by Airmed
Hmm, overboard or not, it was cruel. And I guess he hated Neville because Neville could have been the Chosen One, but to terrify the kid so much that his Boggart is Professor Snape? Honestly, that's cruel af

Neville was a bit of a snowflake though. I think he really needed to show that he is evil. Because then, if people didnt vision him as such an evil person, no one would believe that he killed dumbledore. He was surrounded by rich slytherin families like the Malfoys who were loyal to voldemort
My favourite book was the Goblet of Fire, mainly due to Bulgarian almost winning the QWC :ahee:
House: Ravenclaw
Patronus: Black and white cat
Ilvermoney House: Pukwudgie
Wand: Alder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 11 ¾" and slightly springy flexibility
Reply 25
Neville was a bit of a snowflake though. I think he really needed to show that he is evil. Because then, if people didnt vision him as such an evil person, no one would believe that he killed dumbledore. He was surrounded by rich slytherin families like the Malfoys who were loyal to voldemort

Neville a snowflake? Neville has the biggest character development in the entire series! :redface: He goes from a wimp who is unsure of himself, in his parents' Auror skill shadow, into a brave, loyal, fierce badass who survives the Sorting Hat burning him and kills Nagini. He also ran Dumbledore's Army during his seventh year, and he stood up for himself, to his friends. He is so not a special snowflake :laugh:
welcome to the clan
and my favourite is snape and dumbledore
but then ron is also cute
there is also a part of me that likes draco malfoy
what is your favourite spell and why
who would u use it on?
my house varies in gryffindor and slytherin
Original post by Airmed
Neville a snowflake? Neville has the biggest character development in the entire series! :redface: He goes from a wimp who is unsure of himself, in his parents' Auror skill shadow, into a brave, loyal, fierce badass who survives the Sorting Hat burning him and kills Nagini. He also ran Dumbledore's Army during his seventh year, and he stood up for himself, to his friends. He is so not a special snowflake :laugh:

Oh come on at the start he was! I think by the 4th book he gets more mature and then he was gr8 but in the early days he was a bit of a wimp
Reply 28
Original post by homeland.lsw
My favourite book was the Goblet of Fire, mainly due to Bulgarian almost winning the QWC :ahee:
Patronus: Black and white cat
Ilvermoney House: Pukwudgie
Wand: Alder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 11 ¾" and slightly springy flexibility

Goblet of Fire is hands down the best in my opinion. I can understand if Order of the Phoenix was anyones favourite too.
Reply 29
Oh come on at the start he was! I think by the 4th book he gets more mature and then he was gr8 but in the early days he was a bit of a wimp

At the start, yeah, but he was bullied by staff, by his grandmother, of course that knocks your confidence!
Reply 30
I'm a Hufflepuff aswell :tongue:

What I would've wanted is for Harry and Luna to get together for some reason. They seemed prefect together in half blood Prince!!
Reply 31
Original post by Sae.HH
Goblet of Fire is hands down the best in my opinion. I can understand if Order of the Phoenix was anyones favourite too.

Prisoner of Azkaban, followed by Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince (but not HBP movie plot. Absolutely stunning movie to look at though). Personally find GoF my least favourite.
Reply 32
Favourite Book: Goblet Of Fire
Favourite Character: Snape
Patronus: Alaskan Malamute
Ilvermoney House: *Can someone explain what this is lol I can't remember...'
Wand: Aspen, Phoenix Feather, 9 ¾", inflexible

I also want my transfiguration to be a malamute because that would be so dope.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Airmed
Prisoner of Azkaban, followed by Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince (but not HBP movie plot. Absolutely stunning movie to look at though). Personally find GoF my least favourite.

Wow fair enough, I found the level of depth was really taken to another level in Goblet of Fire so I really enjoyed it. It's been over 10 years but Order Of The Phoenix was also great. Dumbledore dying was one of the few times I've cried reading a book but the end was the only really solid part of HBP for me.
Reply 34
Original post by Sae.HH
Wow fair enough, I found the level of depth was really taken to another level in Goblet of Fire so I really enjoyed it. It's been over 10 years but Order Of The Phoenix was also great. Dumbledore dying was one of the few times I've cried reading a book but the end was the only really solid part of HBP for me.

GoF dragged out a little for me, sadly. Although I do enjoy the detail. :yep: What I like about HBP is how dark the series suddenly turns. Like it is before, but it becomes rather serious. And the full introduction to Horcruxes is great
House: Hufflepuff
Patronus: Bat
Wand- Chestnut wood, Phoenix feather, 10 ¾" ,Unyielding flexibility

Favourite Book- Order of the Phoenix (not bothering with films as they were ****)
Favourite Character- Dumbledore
Original post by Sae.HH
Favourite Book: Goblet Of Fire
Favourite Character: Snape
Patronus: Alaskan Malamute
Ilvermoney House: *Can someone explain what this is lol I can't remember...'
Wand: Aspen, Phoenix Feather, 9 ¾", inflexible

Ilvermorny is the American wizarding shool, and there's four houses much like Hogwarts. Horned Serpent, Pukwudgie, Thunderbird and Wampus. Horned Serpent represents the mind and favours scholars, Pukwudgie the heart and favours healers, Thunderbird the soul and adventurers, and Wampus the body and warriors. Although they do no correspond with the Hogwarts houses I think Horned Serpent is closest to Ravenclaw, Pukwudgie Hufflepuff, Thunderbird Gryffindor and Wampus Slytherin.
Original post by Sae.HH

OotP was great, I also think the HBP was one of the best too. Who am i kidding I LOVE THEM ALL.

(My HP crush was Luna lmaoooo)
Reply 38
Original post by Athena64
Ilvermorny is the American wizarding shool, and there's four houses much like Hogwarts. Horned Serpent, Pukwudgie, Thunderbird and Wampus. Horned Serpent represents the mind and favours scholars, Pukwudgie the heart and favours healers, Thunderbird the soul and adventurers, and Wampus the body and warriors. Although they do no correspond with the Hogwarts houses I think Horned Serpent is closest to Ravenclaw, Pukwudgie Hufflepuff, Thunderbird Gryffindor and Wampus Slytherin.

I don't ever recall reading about those? Or was it in a seperate book.
Reply 39
Original post by Airmed
GoF dragged out a little for me, sadly. Although I do enjoy the detail. :yep: What I like about HBP is how dark the series suddenly turns. Like it is before, but it becomes rather serious. And the full introduction to Horcruxes is great

I should reread them :p: I already have so many books to try and go through this year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending