The Student Room Group

Porfolio?

Hello guys! So basically I've got an interview with one of my uni choices next week and I'm required to have a portfolio for it. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to put in the portfolio? I was thinking I would include some of my essays/reports, my blog page and some of my practical projects/YouTube channel. Are any of these things relevant or does it need to be other stuff?

Side note: Do I need to include a cover letter/CV?
What course? :smile:
Original post by CarysJSLewis
What course? :smile:

Film studies :smile:
Just did a quick search online and found this document for a film production interview guide (from AUB). Hopefully that'll help :smile:
http://webdocs.aub.ac.uk/BA%20%28Hons%29%20Film%20Production%20Portfolio%20Guidelines.pdf
Have your universities provided any guides like this?
I'm applying for animation and for all of my interviews they've liked to see stuff I did in class as well as during my free time, to show you have a real passion for the subject :smile:
What unis are you looking at?
Just did a quick search online and found this document for a film production interview guide (from AUB). Hopefully that'll help :smile:
http://webdocs.aub.ac.uk/BA%20%28Hons%29%20Film%20Production%20Portfolio%20Guidelines.pdf
Have your universities provided any guides like this?
I'm applying for animation and for all of my interviews they've liked to see stuff I did in class as well as during my free time, to show you have a real passion for the subject :smile:
What unis are you looking at?

I've applied for De Montfort, Derby, Lincoln, Leeds and Staffordshire. I already have offers from DMU and Lincoln. This interview is for Derby.
Original post by TheSwift1998
I've applied for De Montfort, Derby, Lincoln, Leeds and Staffordshire. I already have offers from DMU and Lincoln. This interview is for Derby.

I think the ideas you had for what to include in your original post sounded good :smile:
Ultimately you've just got to have enough in your portfolio to talk about for however long your interview is (so more is better than less, you don't want any awkward silences) and make it stuff you can talk about passionately, because that's what they really want: students passionate and enthusiastic about film studies :smile:
I think the ideas you had for what to include in your original post sounded good :smile:
Ultimately you've just got to have enough in your portfolio to talk about for however long your interview is (so more is better than less, you don't want any awkward silences) and make it stuff you can talk about passionately, because that's what they really want: students passionate and enthusiastic about film studies :smile:

Okay thank you!
Original post by TheSwift1998

While I don't know much about portfolio's, if you are having any problems deciding which university you want to go to, I am a current 3rd Year Staffordshire University student, and I am more than happy to answer any questions. I will say that I have a few friends on film production/film-related courses and they seem very happy with the support and the equipment they get to use for projects. Good luck with your interviews!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending