The Student Room Group

Go from CCC To AAB

Is this unrealistic? I was a literally 2 marks off a B in all three of the subjects,,
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by geography1294
Is this unrealistic?

Depends how hard you're willing to work. It might be difficult, but definitely not unrealistic.
Original post by MoshBosh
Depends how hard you're willing to work. It might be difficult, but definitely not unrealistic.

I do Chemistry,Maths and Geography. All my subjects in AS, I was max 2 ums of a b
Is this unrealistic?

Hard, but absolutely not realistic. Last year in my AS mock and predicted grades were CDD.

Within 5 months I got those grades to AABB (all top of there boundary)

Start revising now, do past papers whatever is best. I like spider diagrams etc.

Little and often. Start an hour a night on school days. Start pushing is to 2 hours etc.

Good luck
Original post by Aaron2515
Hard, but absolutely not realistic. Last year in my AS mock and predicted grades were CDD.

Within 5 months I got those grades to AABB (all top of there boundary)

Start revising now, do past papers whatever is best. I like spider diagrams etc.

Little and often. Start an hour a night on school days. Start pushing is to 2 hours etc.

Good luck

What subjects did you do ?
What subjects did you do ?

Classics
Latin
Religious Studies
Original post by Aaron2515
Classics
Latin
Religious Studies

that makes sense then, they're all piss
Reply 7
Original post by chem1st101

Latin isnt :/ any language is difficult at A level sandard

Am I being unrealistic?
Reply 9
Went from not even starting economics till February and a D in politics and a B in maths in January 2016 to an A in economics without a teacher, an A in politics and sadly a B in maths but an A in C1&2! It's very possible, it takes a lot of time and learning to love your subjects. But nothing too extreme.
Original post by zayn008
Went from not even starting economics till February and a D in politics and a B in maths in January 2016 to an A in economics without a teacher, an A in politics and sadly a B in maths but an A in C1&2! It's very possible, it takes a lot of time and learning to love your subjects. But nothing too extreme.

I am thinking about redoing also S1, is this too much, to have 4 resits?
Reply 11

Yeah. I'm only resitting S1 and C1 to get 90-100. What are you resitting?
Reply 12
Is this unrealistic? I was a literally 2 marks off a B in all three of the subjects,,

Possible if you're strategic and put in the effort. Unrealistic if you're not serious/not willing to put in the effort/a plain slacker.
Original post by zayn008
Yeah. I'm only resitting S1 and C1 to get 90-100. What are you resitting?

What exam board were you on for politics? How did you get essays to A grade standard?
Reply 14
Original post by MajorFader
What exam board were you on for politics? How did you get essays to A grade standard?

I did AQA, I followed the structure of Point, evidence, explain, evaluate. PEEE. I exhausted political vocabulary, defined key words mentioned in the quesition and had a story telling introduction. I used plenty of examples and my teacher said the examiner commented on my witty remarks but said it help with evaluation.

have you ever done any of them?
Reply 16
You're not being unrealistic. It just depends on how hard you're willing to learn/revise. I went from a C in AS Chemistry to an A at A2 (A's in all exams). Although I did have to resit both AS papers, it was worth it in the end.

Start revising now and doing past papers. You can definitely do it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17

4 is quite a bit. I did three resists (two chemistry and one biology). It's possible though. It just means you have more revision to do. However, it'll be worth it in the end when you get the grades you wanted :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest