The Student Room Group

Retaking A Levels

i received my results two days ago with CCC when i was predicted AAB. I know that the grade boundaries were more difficult, but i know people that still did incredible and i’m still disappointed with my grades. I got a place at a good uni through clearing that i liked when i visited, but i can’t get over that i won’t be going to my rejected firm, as i have been picturing myself there for two years. I’m debating if i should retake my a levels even though they were exhausting for me, so i can go to the uni i really want, or go to the one i go into through clearing for that i might really enjoy. I know it’s only been two days and i still feel slightly guilty and upset as i feel like i wasted my two years at college, so i would really appreciate some advice. Whether it’s worth retaking them or give this new uni a try. It does rank a lot lower than my dream uni, but i understand ranking is not everything. Thank you
Original post by student.louise
i received my results two days ago with CCC when i was predicted AAB. I know that the grade boundaries were more difficult, but i know people that still did incredible and i’m still disappointed with my grades. I got a place at a good uni through clearing that i liked when i visited, but i can’t get over that i won’t be going to my rejected firm, as i have been picturing myself there for two years. I’m debating if i should retake my a levels even though they were exhausting for me, so i can go to the uni i really want, or go to the one i go into through clearing for that i might really enjoy. I know it’s only been two days and i still feel slightly guilty and upset as i feel like i wasted my two years at college, so i would really appreciate some advice. Whether it’s worth retaking them or give this new uni a try. It does rank a lot lower than my dream uni, but i understand ranking is not everything. Thank you

Which courses and universities are they? :console:

If it's the same course and you think you would enjoy your place at your clearing offer, it sounds like a good idea to proceed with that
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2

i was in the same position last year. i got CCD in my alevels and my predicted grades were so bad that i didnt even get to apply to the uni of my dreams. despite getting into my insurance choice which wasn't bad i decided to retake and i was so glad that i did because my predicted grades were way better than last year (CCC to AAA) and i got offers from my dream unis. if you really like the university you got into through clearing then i don't see a reason why you couldn't go there because im not going to lie to you retaking my alevels was the most exhausting thing ever and i still didnt get the grades i needed to get. but if you really do think that if you put in the hard work this time and you really truly believe that you will do way better than this year and you really want to go to your dream uni, then i say you go for it. theres no harm in trying again. just be happy and comfortable with ur choice and know that no matter what choice u make, it will be exhausting and u will have to work hard regardless!
Original post by lana.xo
i was in the same position last year. i got CCD in my alevels and my predicted grades were so bad that i didnt even get to apply to the uni of my dreams. despite getting into my insurance choice which wasn't bad i decided to retake and i was so glad that i did because my predicted grades were way better than last year (CCC to AAA) and i got offers from my dream unis. if you really like the university you got into through clearing then i don't see a reason why you couldn't go there because im not going to lie to you retaking my alevels was the most exhausting thing ever and i still didnt get the grades i needed to get. but if you really do think that if you put in the hard work this time and you really truly believe that you will do way better than this year and you really want to go to your dream uni, then i say you go for it. theres no harm in trying again. just be happy and comfortable with ur choice and know that no matter what choice u make, it will be exhausting and u will have to work hard regardless!

Thank you so much for this.
Original post by KA_P
Which courses and universities are they? :console:

If it's the same course and you think you would enjoy your place at your clearing offer, it sounds like a good idea to proceed with that

It’s English and History. My firm was Lancaster and i got into Aberystwyth through clearing.
It’s English and History. My firm was Lancaster and i got into Aberystwyth through clearing.

Since it's the same course, would really recommend sticking with the clearing offer as it would really take a lot off your shoulders

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending