The Student Room Group

Does mass amounts of revision work for everyone?

I've found it common among my grades recently that the less revision I do the better the grades I get. For example I went from a D at Alevel computing to a B in the space of 12 months. The one I got the D in I did massive amounts off revision weeks in advance. The B I did days of relaxed revision before it. These were both mocks but I still believe it's a interesting coincidence. Anyone else feel this way?
Original post by JackG9
I've found it common among my grades recently that the less revision I do the better the grades I get. For example I went from a D at Alevel computing to a B in the space of 12 months. The one I got the D in I did massive amounts off revision weeks in advance. The B I did days of relaxed revision before it. These were both mocks but I still believe it's a interesting coincidence. Anyone else feel this way?

Personally, I think the amount of revision is obsolete if the quality of it is crap... When I'm overly tired, and not really concentrating, I could revise all day, and not really take anything in, but if I'm refreshed and feeling good, I'll learn and remember a lot more after just 1 or 2 hours revising... I think that can extend to longer periods of time as well in the same context... I also think looking at which subjects it were should be taken into account, if the one you did less revision in, but enjoy more and have more of a natural aptitude for, then I think you're naturally going to need to do less revision...

For example, I do a lot less revision for Applied Economics than my Economics module because I find the Applied Eco is much more structured in that once I know I can do the techniques, I don't need to revise it so much, whereas I find with my Economics module there's always more that I can be doing and trying to improve my essay writing skills etc...
Original post by JackG9

The massive amounts is a common mistake if your relaxed you absorb more simple as that if your stressed you can't concentrate as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending