The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Advanced Physics II 9PH0 02 - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel A-level Physics Advanced Physics II (Paper 2) exam go?

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 2 Advanced Physics II 9PH0 02 - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 9th June, am
Length: 1hr 45mins

Resources
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/physics-2015.html
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Physics/2015/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/a-level-physics-data-formulae-relationships.pdf
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/a-level-edexcel/
A-level Physics Study Group 2022-2023

Congratulations on finishing your exam!
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This paper is way better than paper 1 IMO so hopefully I do better even though paper 1 was pretty much smooth sailing for the most part
Reply 2
Original post by Charlie_23_
This paper is way better than paper 1 IMO so hopefully I do better even though paper 1 was pretty much smooth sailing for the most part

yeah paper one was nice. i prefer the topics of two as well so hopefully its just as nice
Reply 3
any predictions?
Reply 4
Original post by Ugonguyen
any predictions?

i feel like its so hard to guess what they are on but i usually reckon its safe to say they wont do too much from the 2021 and 2022 paper, could be wrong tho
To be honest, judging by the nature of Paper I, Paper II should have similarities in its nature compared to 2021 and 2022, not too different; the only challenge is grade boundaries reverting back to pre-COVID (probs. 2019 ish)
Reply 6
Original post by GoldenAriesAndy
To be honest, judging by the nature of Paper I, Paper II should have similarities in its nature compared to 2021 and 2022, not too different; the only challenge is grade boundaries reverting back to pre-COVID (probs. 2019 ish)

Ye I thought about that for grade boundaries but the 2019 grade boundaries where barely even 1% higher than the 2022 boundaries at least in the higher grades
Reply 7
For practice after doing past paper exam questions would it be better to do the old spec questions or try another exam boards, if so what exam board would be the best for preparing for the hard questions
Reply 8
Original post by CloverBoo
For practice after doing past paper exam questions would it be better to do the old spec questions or try another exam boards, if so what exam board would be the best for preparing for the hard questions

I would do old exam board content as it is much more similar and the questions aren't too different just different formats of test
Original post by CloverBoo

i think old spec r a bit easier. u cld try international a level edexcel- they have some harder questions
Does anyone have an idea if we can access the mock papers?
Original post by Blankspacebby
Does anyone have an idea if we can access the mock papers?

edexcel website brev
Reply 12
since last year's paper didn't have any long answer questions on space and fluids, can we assume they'll def come up this year?
Original post by zwłoki998
since last year's paper didn't have any long answer questions on space and fluids, can we assume they'll def come up this year?

No you can't assume anything. Be prepared for any question
What are some common six marker topics and points that can be used in a multitude of different questions e.g. waves polarisation stuff and photoelectric effect?
Is the derivation for pressure of an ideal gas likely to be in the exam?
Original post by CommonIsotope
Is the derivation for pressure of an ideal gas likely to be in the exam?

It's on the spec so they can ask it
would it just be a straight up 6 mark question?
Original post by enrdegttve23
It's on the spec so they can ask it
Original post by CommonIsotope
would it just be a straight up 6 mark question?

I don't think the entire derivation would be a question because it would be like 9 marks but maybe a section of it
has anyone done the specimen paper on pmt? I found it way harder than the other past papers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending