The Student Room Group

Unit 2 Marketing campaign Level 3 BTEC business

Hi all use this chat to discuss part A and your thoughts.
Any predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
this is a good case study
Reply 2
yeah it is. What are you planning to do for primary research and aims and objectives.
Reply 3
Original post by Hi81828383
yeah it is. What are you planning to do for primary research and aims and objectives.

One of the aims in the case study is to increase market share
Reply 4
Any predictions?

Would you say it is a service
Reply 5
Where is the product/service on the product life cycle??
Reply 6
Original post by 294023
Where is the product/service on the product life cycle??

i would presume maturity as it wants to increase market share which implies that its an already established business. the case study also showed that people knew about the business already.
Reply 7
Any predictions?

anyone know if you could consider the fact that the primary research was collected via social media survey reliable?
Reply 8
Original post by toadio
anyone know if you could consider the fact that the primary research was collected via social media survey reliable?

Yea as it was prolly the reason why Travelodge was more heard about than premier Inn, despite Premier Inn being a larger company
(i hope i am speaking about the same thing, the best rest hotel one)
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by KatzMotel
i would presume maturity as it wants to increase market share which implies that its an already established business. the case study also showed that people knew about the business already.

Thanks
Reply 10
anyone got any information on the target structure, size and trends ??
Original post by Mariam8901
Would you say it is a service

i would say yes, as you cannot buy goods.
Original post by morgannnnn321123
i would say yes, as you cannot buy goods.

Can you not buy products such as drinks in the Hotel or sweets?
Any predictions?

How would you talk about the sample size reliability.. obviously it’s a lot more than the past papers but it still doesn’t seem like a valid amount of people to generalise the information with? what would you say??
Original post by ContentRegistere
Can you not buy products such as drinks in the Hotel or sweets?

oh maybe it can work as both?? but if it’s budget hotels it said in part a that they wouldn’t be available to keep costs low.. i imagine it depends the context and which you are talking about
Has anyone done the this unit and willing to perhaps help us, I can send the case study
Reply 16
hi it seems like a good case study especially compared to previous ones, i was going to use the fact that the pandemic and other economic factors decreased market share etc. as it uses 19 as the last “good” year and 20-23 where it dropped
Reply 17
Original post by sam11_k
hi it seems like a good case study especially compared to previous ones, i was going to use the fact that the pandemic and other economic factors decreased market share etc. as it uses 19 as the last “good” year and 20-23 where it dropped

what section would you write this in
Reply 18
Original post by 294023
what section would you write this in

i would’ve used it as a back up source for PESTLE and when it comes to the validity and reliability part
Reply 19
Original post by sam11_k
i would’ve used it as a back up source for PESTLE and when it comes to the validity and reliability part

Okay, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending