The Student Room Group

Protesters arrested on Inauguration Day will face 10 years in prison

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jape
Hey! Those are molotov cocktails of peace, you fascist!

Dead :lol:
Original post by CookieButter
actually, women can't even be charged with rape in the USA.

Yes, they can.
good. let those *******s rot for their thuggery and intimidation. they are enemies of democracy and peaceful politics itself. hopefully this will set a good example of such parasitic brutes. you should be able to protest peacefully all you want, but if you protest through violence then I have absolutely no sympathy for the sentence you get to be honest. I have absolutely no respect for such uncivilised mongoloids.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
Up to 10 years. If they badly injured anyone then fair play. Otherwise, OTT. If I were Trump I'd pardon them, like a BOSS :bandit:

He's petty authoritarian dick head. Why would he do that?
10 years in a US prison, a few male feminist SJW are going to be introduced to real rape culture.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Excellent news, pity UK doesn't do the same with all them remoaners who protest.
Original post by Len Goodman
Good, good. Great to see that the Trump administration is already at work dealing with the violent leftists. Now to take care of those "women's rights" protesters.

The women's rights protesters weren't being violent
Original post by sleepysnooze
good. let those *******s rot for their thuggery and intimidation. they are enemies of democracy and peaceful politics itself. hopefully this will set a good example of such parasitic brutes. you should be able to protest peacefully all you want, but if you protest through violence then I have absolutely no sympathy for the sentence you get to be honest. I have absolutely no respect for such uncivilised mongoloids.

You realise mongoloid is just a term for east asians,right?
10 yrs?that's too much
Original post by tamil fever
10 yrs?that's too much

Blame Obama. He created the law.

Also you misspelt "Rioters" in the title.
Original post by BobBobson
Blame Obama. He created the law.

not my thread.lol:u:
Yup.
Original post by tamil fever
10 yrs?that's too much

They will face up to 10 years, depending on the charges. I doubt most of them will actually be in for more than a few months, particularly if they have no criminal history, plead guilty, etc.
Reply 73
Original post by BobBobson

Original post by Dandaman1
They will face up to 10 years, depending on the charges. I doubt most of them will actually be in for more than a few months, particularly if they have no criminal history, plead guilty, etc.

Seconding both of these. Pretty miffed by the bull**** sticky thing on the side of the site misrepresenting the facts of the issue as much as is humanly possible. If it wasn't deliberate then someone needs to remove their rosy contact lenses.
What a misleading title! These aren't protesters - they're rioters. No peaceful protestors are being punished in any way, and rightly so, but these thugs deserve some custodial sentence... 10 years however seems excessive in the extreme.
Original post by serions871
You realise mongoloid is just a term for east asians,right?

lmao you looked it up
well I just meant "mong", i.e. "retard"
Original post by Connor27
The first paragraph is just laughable, I called you out on your BS and you decide to try and deflect it onto me, not happening mate, I'm perfectly sound of mind right now and prepared to explain to you how much of a ****ing imbecile you are.

So apparently black people get longer sentences and treated worse for the same crimes, tell that to these two:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1485125645.736960.jpg

You want to know the sentences?

The white kid got death row, the black kid gets to spend the rest of his life in prison, DESPITE KILLING MORE PEOPLE.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1485125778.481387.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not quite sure what you motives are here? Since your were the person who brought race into the equation (White Privilege) when the comment you replied to was clearly about privilege based on class and socio-economic status.

The fact you have attempted to use 1 example (ignoring the fact wasn't even factually accurate #) to proclaim that the United States criminal justice system isn't institutionally racist is laughable.

# - The main reason why Lee Boyd Malvo was not sentenced to death is because a jury in Virginia in 1 of his many capital murder trials decided life in prison without parole was more appropriate probably due to his mental state and the suspected child abuse by John Allen Muhammad.

But the politically motivation was for him to be executed i.e. the state of Maryland openly extradited him to Virginia (with the agreement of the other jurisdictions effected by the murder spree) instead of just prosecuting him themselves because Virginia was 1 of the few states in which minors were being convicted of capital murder and were actively being executed at the time.

Furthermore in 2005 a completely unrelated case reached the US supreme court which found that it is unconstitutional to impose capital punishment for crimes committed while under the age of 18 as a result of this supreme court case the Virginian government abandoned it efforts to pursue him for anymore capital murder charges in the hope a jury would sentence him to death.

I not sure why your attempting to claim this is was due to Malvo's race. But I suspect you have fallen for good old fashioned divide and rule where blaming/ vilifying someone different to you especially based on skin colour or religion as gaining special treatment diverts attention for questioning the real reason for you frustration - the divide between the rich and poor.
Original post by MaffsIsFun
What a misleading title! These aren't protesters - they're rioters. No peaceful protestors are being punished in any way, and rightly so, but these thugs deserve some custodial sentence... 10 years however seems excessive in the extreme.

This has a long way to go yet. There are clearly accusations and counter-accusations here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/defense-attorneys-allege-police-trapped-and-then-arrested-protesters/2017/01/22/045d64e8-e03d-11e6-ad42-f3375f271c9c_story.html?utm_term=.58af250fa153
Original post by Connor27
The first paragraph is just laughable, I called you out on your BS and you decide to try and deflect it onto me, not happening mate, I'm perfectly sound of mind right now and prepared to explain to you how much of a ****ing imbecile you are.

So apparently black people get longer sentences and treated worse for the same crimes, tell that to these two:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1485125645.736960.jpg

You want to know the sentences?

The white kid got death row, the black kid gets to spend the rest of his life in prison, DESPITE KILLING MORE PEOPLE.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1485125778.481387.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is called perception. One judge whilst one particular judge might have give the white guy death, another judge with different opinions could have actually game him life imprisionment. Additionally there are other factors that play into the scentence other than how many people he killed, and motive.

The fact is that not every judge is the same.
Original post by JohnGreek
Good. Anarchists deserve to be removed from society.

These so called 'anarchists' are the only people with brains who intend to take down the corrupt political system. Trump or Clinton, makes no difference as they both have been brought by the corporations and the banks. Unfortunately today's people are too brain-dead to see through the whole illusion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending