Scroll to see replies

In no order and am not sure I can settle on these, but

Shawshank Redemption
Pans Labyrinth
Le Bossu
It's a Wonerful Life
Inception

No space for House of Flying Daggers.
Dont have space for Leon. Btw if anyone has seen the extended version, its the only film where I thought the cinema version was better.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nexttime
I suspect the audience of this thread may mock my uncultured picks, but this is my honest answer:

Mad Max:Fury Road.
Gladiator
The Matrix
Enemy at the Gate (but only the first half. The second half isn't bad, but I know how it ends and get bored).
Maybe 300? (Again, tend not to make it all the way through).

No way, they're brilliant choices. Mad Max: Fury Road is an amazing shout. I thought that was utterly brilliant.

Love 300, Gladiator and Matrix too.

I don't think I've ever seen Enemy of the Gate.
Original post by Robbie_Returns
You can't have a trilogy a favourite film.

*smh*

I can and I have! :lol:

I'll leave it up to everyone to choose how they do it. Lord of the Rings is basically one massive 10 hour film. But if people feel they would rather single one film out as they feel it is better than the other two, that's up to them :smile:
Original post by notnek

The Magdalene Sisters

That is a really good film.
Shawshank Redemption
World War Z
Haruhi Suzumiya no Shoushitsu (this is mainly because it is memorable to me, not many movies are like that to me or I've just not seen them in ages so I then forgot a lot about them)
Kick Ass
Deadpool
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Robbie_Returns
Barney very merry christmas.

Serbian Film

Trolls 2

you forgot Battlefield Earth and Catwoman- those were iconic xD
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Mad Mad: Fury Road
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Interstellar
Twelve Years a Slave

The Grand Budapest Hotel gets my number one slot, the rest are in no particular order and could probably be switched out with another dozen films that I adore. These are just the films that I enjoy watching the most or have had a significant impact on the way I watch cinema.

Honourable mention: Anything by Denis Villeneuve could make it into my top ten and Prisoners or Arrival could make it into my top five, he's the most criminally overlooked director working today in my opinion. Hopefully his Best Picture nomination for Arrival will get him the wider recognition that he deserves.
Reply 27
To be fair, all of Wes Anderson's films are a work of art. Moonrise Kingdom and The Royal Tenenbaums were really enjoyable as well.
Original post by asr11
To be fair, all of Wes Anderson's films are a work of art. Moonrise Kingdom and The Royal Tenenbaums were really enjoyable as well.

I really need to get hold of his other movies, it's massively difficult to get time to download stuff in my job so it just relies on newcomers arriving with full hard drives for other people to raid :ahee:
Dead Poets Society
Take Me Home Tonight
Forrest Gump
The Breakfast Club
The Lion King
Transformers
Transformers 2
Transformers 3
Transformers 4

Spoiler

Reply 31
1. Goodfellas
2. Terminator 2 Judgement Day
3. The Lord of the Rings The Return of the King
4. The Empire Strikes Back
5. The Dark Knight
Reply 32
I got a lot of moviess I wanna watch but I'd say:

-LA LA LAND
- catch me if you can
-oceans trilogy
-schienders list
-argo

(Lotr + harry Potter as well but everyone loves those)
They change all the time but right now:

- The 6th Sense
- Tamasha (Indian movie)
- Dead Poet's Society
- Slumdog Millionaire
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (didn't know so many people would list this one! Makes me happy.)

Honourable Mentions(!!!): Amélie, Pan's Labyrinth, La La Land
Magnificent 7
A-team
Rise of an empire
TV series (can't decide on movie) Red Dwarf
1) shrek
2) shrek 2
3) shrek the third
4) shrek forever after
5) bible black
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 152mmOfDerp
Transformers
Transformers 2
Transformers 3
Transformers 4

Spoiler

You almost had me then :lol: I was going to reply with a 'you have got to be kidding me', as much as I love Transformers.

I love all of those films you've listed (and I enjoyed Transformers...)
Original post by Captain Jack
No way, they're brilliant choices. Mad Max: Fury Road is an amazing shout. I thought that was utterly brilliant.

Love 300, Gladiator and Matrix too.

I don't think I've ever seen Enemy of the Gate.

Enemy At The Gates is a pretty good film based on a true story although they take massive liberties with it. It divides opinion, but worth a watch.

[video="youtube;4O-sMh_DO6I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O-sMh_DO6I[/video]
Original post by 999tigger
Enemy At The Gates is a pretty good film based on a true story although they take massive liberties with it. It divides opinion, but worth a watch.

[video="youtube;4O-sMh_DO6I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O-sMh_DO6I[/video]

The sniper sequences in Enemy at the Gates were great, the rest of that movie is a bit of a mess. It's enjoyable nonsense :yep:
Only 5? Why do you do this to us? oh man, I'll have to do it by genres.

Comedy: Planes, Trains & Automobiles
War: Platoon
Sci-fi/Fantasy: Brazil
Action: The Terminator
Thriller: The Hitcher

Quick Reply

Latest