The Student Room Group

University of Amsterdam Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi everyone!

How long after registering in Studielink did you get your personal uva-net id? I got it today after more than 3 weeks since registering in Studielink. Is that normal? Is my entire application going to be put to the back of the line and some more waiting even tho it was sent mid January?

Thanks guys!
Andrea
Original post by andrea.
Hi everyone!

How long after registering in Studielink did you get your personal uva-net id? I got it today after more than 3 weeks since registering in Studielink. Is that normal? Is my entire application going to be put to the back of the line and some more waiting even tho it was sent mid January?

Thanks guys!
Andrea

I got mine a few weeks after too. I had to wait 3 months for a reply about my application but it was because of some glitches in the system.
Reply 22
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I got mine a few weeks after too. I had to wait 3 months for a reply about my application but it was because of some glitches in the system.

Omg! 3 months?! Ok that's scary. How did it turn out eventually? Did you get accepted?
Original post by andrea.
Omg! 3 months?! Ok that's scary. How did it turn out eventually? Did you get accepted?

Yeah got an offer :smile:
Reply 24
Hi

I am a little confused- is the netid the id that we sign in with on myinfo regarding our status of our application? or is this something completely different? Thanks!
Reply 25
Original post by andrea.

[list]

3 days ago

Hey !

I am a little confused- is the netid the id that we sign in with on myinfo regarding our status of our application? or is this something completely different? Thanks!

Reply 26
Original post by andrea.
Hi everyone!

Thanks guys!
Andrea

Have you heard anything? I haven't yet..
Reply 27
Original post by krmarano
Have you heard anything? I haven't yet..

Last week they asked for my highschool graduation exams diploma and for summary of my final thesis (which we do not have on bachelor's sociology course) and since then silence. I'm a bit worried since I dont't have any final thesis written. Did you guys have to write those at the end of your courses?
Reply 28
Original post by andrea.
Last week they asked for my highschool graduation exams diploma and for summary of my final thesis (which we do not have on bachelor's sociology course) and since then silence. I'm a bit worried since I dont't have any final thesis written. Did you guys have to write those at the end of your courses?

Hmm interesting... no we don't have thesis's in our department. I submitted a 12 page paper for my writing sample. I haven't heard anything yet and I am going to have to start making other decisions if I don't hear from them soon. I can't wait until May to tell other universities I've been accepted to if I'm attending or not, I also graduate May 13th and need a concrete plan due to moving expenses etc etc so I'm hoping we hear something soon.... but I don't think I'm going to hold my breath. On another site, 'grad cafe' is where people submit their acceptances/rejections. It's mainly for U.S. universities, but UvA is on there, but no Americans have heard anything only international students it says so its not looking too good for me hah:/ I hope you hear something soon though!!
Reply 29
Hmm interesting... no we don't have thesis's in our department. I submitted a 12 page paper for my writing sample. I haven't heard anything yet and I am going to have to start making other decisions if I don't hear from them soon. I can't wait until May to tell other universities I've been accepted to if I'm attending or not, I also graduate May 13th and need a concrete plan due to moving expenses etc etc so I'm hoping we hear something soon.... but I don't think I'm going to hold my breath. On another site, 'grad cafe' is where people submit their acceptances/rejections. It's mainly for U.S. universities, but UvA is on there, but no Americans have heard anything only international students it says so its not looking too good for me hah:/ I hope you hear something soon though!!

I understand the problem and pressure this situation is causing you. From all I've read I'm starting to think they might be a bit sloppy and slow tho. Don't lose your hopes just yet give it just a bit more time. Did you hear from them after you submitted your application? Did they ask for any extra documents (that means they're at least reading and considering it)? Let me in if you get any reply and I hope I'll see you there! :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by andrea.
I understand the problem and pressure this situation is causing you. From all I've read I'm starting to think they might be a bit sloppy and slow tho. Don't lose your hopes just yet give it just a bit more time. Did you hear from them after you submitted your application? Did they ask for any extra documents (that means they're at least reading and considering it)? Let me in if you get any reply and I hope I'll see you there! :smile:

They haven't asked for any documents nor contacted my letter recommenders for my recommendations :/ just really frustrating and giving me anxiety haha!

But I hope to see you there as well!!
Reply 31
They haven't asked for any documents nor contacted my letter recommenders for my recommendations :/ just really frustrating and giving me anxiety haha!

But I hope to see you there as well!!

I don't think they actually contact letter recommenders unless there's need for some confirmation or additional information so don't worry about that. You've applied for Sociology master's right? Not research master's like me?
Reply 32
Original post by andrea.
I don't think they actually contact letter recommenders unless there's need for some confirmation or additional information so don't worry about that. You've applied for Sociology master's right? Not research master's like me?

No like my recommenders haven't even been asked to submit my letters of rec, so thats where I'm confused.... and wondering if they have even looked at my application :/ Yes, Sociology masters!
Also got conditionally accepted to the Bsc Business Administration at Uva, although it isn't my first choice. Waiting on Erasmus Uni.
Reply 34
I sent my application for BA Political Science in late November and haven't heard anything yet! It is the only programme I have applied so far and this is so frustrating. I emailed them in early February and they said I should be hear something soon but no... Has anyone else got an offer from Political Science?
Reply 35
Has anyone applied for PPLE or economics and business economics??
Received an offer for BA Literary Studies. I've already received an offer from UCL, so I probably won't choose Amsterdam. But the courses in Amsterdam seem really interesting...
Anyone has decided to go to Amsterdam this September?
So on myinfo.uva how long have people had to wait whilst the status has showed as 'admission decision' ?

Thanks!
Original post by thomas65633
So on myinfo.uva how long have people had to wait whilst the status has showed as 'admission decision' ?

Thanks!

Same here. Status shown "admission decision" since end Jan. Do your recommenders receive notification emails to complete your recommendation letter? Also, which course did you apply for? Mine is psychology master.
(edited 7 years ago)
I applied for my masters in Poli Sci - IR. Has anyone heard back yet? I live in the US and submitted my application in mid-January. Now other
schools have gotten back to me and are demanding a decision by mid - April.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending