The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen medics accommodation

Hello. I am thinking of doing medicine at Aberdeen starting in 2017. I know its a little early but I just wanted to know where abouts do medics stay at Aberdeen? Hillhead? A specific place at Hillhead? Or somewhere else? Or some general advice where I shouod stay? I am really worried.
THank you
Moved to the relevant uni forum for you :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Well,I am currently doing My Master in Aberdeen medical school,The medical school is in Foresterhill as you probably already know by now.
Since it is just one year program I can't pretend I am the expert,there is plenty of different places out there.
But quick information
1-Many if not most student accommodations are around Old Aberdeen,it is close to the University Campus and Sir Duncan Rice Library which is an awesome place to study specially at night (close at midnight except weekend at 10pm,and in exam period it opens 24h) though many medical student prefer to study at medical school library.
2-In general old Aberdeen is the coolest place in the city IMHO,and there is a a University bus from Sir Duncan Rice Library to foresterhill .
3-That said student accommodations are usually most expensive,from what I know rents has gone down in the past month,the cheapest options are usually a private flat that you share. I think you can get a 2 room flat and after bills it will cost you like 700 pounds,when paid by 2 ppl that 350 which is less than any student accommodations. You can get such price in foresterhill easier I think,if you know someone doing a degree their too you can be flatemates
Reply 3
Original post by Khaled_a_d
Well,I am currently doing My Master in Aberdeen medical school,The medical school is in Foresterhill as you probably already know by now.
Since it is just one year program I can't pretend I am the expert,there is plenty of different places out there.
But quick information
1-Many if not most student accommodations are around Old Aberdeen,it is close to the University Campus and Sir Duncan Rice Library which is an awesome place to study specially at night (close at midnight except weekend at 10pm,and in exam period it opens 24h) though many medical student prefer to study at medical school library.
2-In general old Aberdeen is the coolest place in the city IMHO,and there is a a University bus from Sir Duncan Rice Library to foresterhill .
3-That said student accommodations are usually most expensive,from what I know rents has gone down in the past month,the cheapest options are usually a private flat that you share. I think you can get a 2 room flat and after bills it will cost you like 700 pounds,when paid by 2 ppl that 350 which is less than any student accommodations. You can get such price in foresterhill easier I think,if you know someone doing a degree their too you can be flatemates

Old Aberdeen would be Elphinstone road, Kings hall? Thanks a lot brother
Original post by Potatoo
Old Aberdeen would be Elphinstone road, Kings hall? Thanks a lot brother

And kings street. Most accommodations is near/at King street
Reply 5
I have a ground floor flat to rent on Great Northern Road, Aberdeen from end of May 2017 onwards? Great Northern Road is ideally placed for Aberdeen city centre, the University of Aberdeen and Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. There are also buses running frequently to Dyce from right outside the door. Free street parking is available outside the property. The property comes fully furnished. The flat itself has a fully working security buzzer entry system to the block, a large bedroom, spacious lounge area, kitchen and bathroom. There is additional storage within the flat itself in the form of a hall cupboard. Extra storage is available in a secure cupboard in the communal hallway. To the rear of the property there is a large shared garden area with washing lines and large concrete area - ideal for barbecues! Thanks for looking and if you've any questions, or you'd like to view the property, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending