The Student Room Group

Help with edexcel as geography Unit 2?

Anyone who's doing AS edexcel geograohy unit 2, I need some help with the coastal case studies I'm really confused

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Caits24
Anyone who's doing AS edexcel geograohy unit 2, I need some help with the coastal case studies I'm really confused

hey , I'm re-sitting my exam , its on 19th May right ?

basically my biggest case study is the holderness coast , you need to research that in detail with all the erosion and the coastal management happening in different areas of that coast (Easington, withernsea, Hornsea etc
then my other case studies are

-southamton oil spillage
-Bournemouth coast
-Australian coast

and basically different examples of places with management strategies or that have conflicts or have coastal changes etc
hope that helps abit
Reply 3
Thank you, we have slightly different case studies I've done holderness coast and Jurassic Coast but my others are Southampton waters & Dibden Bay, Palau and Florida. Yeah it's on the 19th may. I think I'll be okay I'm just stressing
Reply 4
Original post by Caits24
Thank you, we have slightly different case studies I've done holderness coast and Jurassic Coast but my others are Southampton waters & Dibden Bay, Palau and Florida. Yeah it's on the 19th may. I think I'll be okay I'm just stressing

whats the second topic you are doing ?

ooh do you have notes on Debden bay you could share ? i heard thats a good case study !
Reply 5
Yeah of course, I'm not at home at the moment but I'll share them with you when I'm back
Reply 6
Original post by Caits24
Yeah of course, I'm not at home at the moment but I'll share them with you when I'm back

thanks , i don't know if you saw but i posted a link above with some other case studies i found, :smile:
Reply 7
How is everybody revising for this exam? Im resitting, super worried!
Reply 8
Original post by guppal21
How is everybody revising for this exam? Im resitting, super worried!

same I'm so scared for it , i feel like I've hardly touched this unit so far
im just going over the papers i did last year it helps just a bit
.I haven't even started revising tbh, this is the second time resitting this unit so my motivation for it is super low.
I threw all my notes away after my resit last year so any case studies you guys are doing would be super helpful :smile: I'm also doing rebranding places for the second topic
Does anyone have any notes for the Holderness case study?
Reply 11
I'm doing rebranding places too, I'm out at the minute but when I get home I'll send you some of my case studies. It's my 3rd time resitting so I'm super anxious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caits24
I'm doing rebranding places too, I'm out at the minute but when I get home I'll send you some of my case studies. It's my 3rd time resitting so I'm super anxious

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many case studies are you learning for rebranding? I feel as if there is so many you need to know.
Reply 13
Original post by Nettled
How many case studies are you learning for rebranding? I feel as if there is so many you need to know.

I have quite a few... it feels like theres loads to remember but some of them do overlap.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/revision-cards/edexcel-as-geography-unit-2-rebranding-places

Here are the revision cards I made for them! I hope they help
Original post by Caits24
I have quite a few... it feels like theres loads to remember but some of them do overlap.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/revision-cards/edexcel-as-geography-unit-2-rebranding-places

Here are the revision cards I made for them! I hope they help

Omg thank u soo so much! Do you happen to have any for Crowded Coasts?
Reply 15
Original post by Nettled
Omg thank u soo so much! Do you happen to have any for Crowded Coasts?

Yepp!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/revision-cards/edexcel-as-geography-unit-2-crowded-coasts

I don't know what you did for your fieldwork, we did the Jurassic coast but if you want my notes for those as well just let me know!
I have more case studies, including holderness, but student room wont let me attach them, so if you want them message me your email and I can email them to you :-)
Original post by hermione_granger
Does anyone have any notes for the Holderness case study?

hey i hope this opens , having trouble sending stuff on here
btw does anyone have any good notes on players of rebranding with examples ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending