The Student Room Group

AS Biology Paper 1 2017 AQA UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ATP has 3 phosphate groups, a DNA nucleotide only has one

ATP has a ribose sugar, DNA has a deoxyribose sugar
Original post by Hvostik
Same, but a friend noted that we should have multiplied it by 2^3 not 2, because it's cm^3...

No the units were cm^3 in the table and the answer?? I'm pretty sure I double checked that haha I think we did it right? Not sure?
Reply 22
Question on excercise.
No of mitochondria decreased (insignificantly), but area of cristae inside increased significantly (s.d.s did not overlap.)
Mitochondria - site of earobic respiration. Synthesises ATP.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Hvostik
Question on excercise.
No of mitochondria decreased insignificantly, but area of Cristal inside increased significNtly (s.d.s did not overlap.)
Mitochondria - site of earobic respiration. Synthesises atp.

Yaaaas
Reply 24
Original post by sophieegou
No the units were cm^3 in the table and the answer?? I'm pretty sure I double checked that haha I think we did it right? Not sure?

Phew. Because I didn't check.
I was, honestly, a little baffled by the question at first. Like, what if two bacteria made a single colony? Or am I being stupid?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Mana458
Didnt the sd overlap for the table about number decreasing ?

Yes, hence the decrease was insignificant.
Original post by sgsb0y
Volume of blood, I got 18000

Wasn't the type of bond just an ester bond? Because a phosphodiester bond is for two successive sugars and the arrow was just pointing at one bond.

Number of nucleotides: I got 8

Reason for the anomaly at 0.8moldm3: I said the final mass to initial mass ratio was too high as the point was above my curve, and so the final mass recorded was too high, and that maybe he didn't dry the chip properly to get all the water out so the final mass was too high.

The haploid number was 6 I think but I put 3 for some reason.

DNA Helicase breaks the hydrogen bonds between base pairs which seperates the bases leaving them exposed

DNA Polymerase: joins the nucleotides together in the 3' to 5' direction forming a polynucleotide strand.

its phosphodiester
Chi squared test
Reply 28
Original post by passporta
its phosphodiester

image.jpg
Reply 29
for statistical test- t test becausecomparing two means of amino acid concentration.type of bond phoshodiester.number of chromosomes in each haploid cell - 6the letter for stage of meiosis in Moss- D
Original post by Hvostik
In no particular order:
Circle the group that's the same for all a.a. Circle (C, NH3, COOH, H)
What crossing over was, and how it increased genetic diversity.
No of haploid chromosomes in cell.
When does meiosis happen in some shrub.
Mode genetic diversity - 5 I think
Majority of fish are from sample A, a student concluded tat that sample is most diverse, why can't we make this conclusion.
Use the info above to answer the following: two benefits of HAART; why is azt(?) linked with muscle wastage;
Benefits of lipid droplets and micelles.
Name the thing and what it does. I put Golgi (might be smooth er) , packages into vesicles for exocytosis.
Purpose of DNA helicase, and then DNA polymerase.

That first question was so stupid because they all remain the same apart from the R group and I didn't know how to draw the box so I just drew it around H ugh stupid loss of mark there...

Also wasn't the mode genetic diversity 14? Because that's were it went the highest?

Yeah I put Golgi too and smooth ER doesn't have vesicles does it? So I agree!! :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by passporta
its phosphodiester

A phosphodiester bond consists of 2 ester bonds and a phosphate group,the arrows was only pointing to one bond.
Reply 32
That first question was so stupid because they all remain the same apart from the R group and I didn't know how to draw the box so I just drew it around H ugh stupid loss of mark there...

Also wasn't the mode genetic diversity 14? Because that's were it went the highest?

Yeah I put Golgi too and smooth ER doesn't have vesicles does it? So I agree!! :smile:

It's the endoplasmid reticulum and I remember back in primary school mode meant most popular, so the value that appeared the most which was 5. It's stupid how they asked that though... they expect you to remember that from ages ago because I'm sure I didn't see it on the specification.
Original post by sgsb0y
A phosphodiester bond consists of 2 ester bonds and a phosphate group,the arrows was only pointing to one bond.

I'm sure they will allow both on mark scheme considering ester is right but also the fact that it was a polynucleotide? They can't be that harsh surely... Well they can haha:colondollar:
Reply 34

It's the endoplasmic reticulum and I remember back in primary school 'mode' meant most popular, so the value that appeared the most which was 5. It's stupid how they asked that though... they expect you to remember that from ages ago because I'm sure I didn't see it on the specification.

I got 5 for genetic diversity
Did anyone get 5 for the modal value
Original post by sgsb0y
It's the endoplasmic reticulum and I remember back in primary school 'mode' meant most popular, so the value that appeared the most which was 5. It's stupid how they asked that though... they expect you to remember that from ages ago because I'm sure I didn't see it on the specification.

WHY is it ER?and yes ur so right ugh silly mistake of me!!! :frown: ugh that's rather annoying
No I think I messed up the 0.8 mol question. My results had no anomalies. Can someone explain it???
Reply 39
I'm sure they will allow both on mark scheme considering ester is right but also the fact that it was a polynucleotide? They can't be that harsh surely... Well they can haha:colondollar:

Hopefully they will allow it because it was a small detail but you never know with AQA...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending