The Student Room Group

Acceptance rate for EU students at the University of Oxford - Medicine

I looked at admission statistics and discovered that last year University of Oxford offered a place to 1 out of 242 EU (non-UK) applicants. How is this possible? I requested similar data from different unis and acceptance rates for EU students varied from 5 to 10 %. I get that in degree programmes such as Medicine the universities favour their own students, but Oxford seems to take it to a whole another level?! Anyone got opinions or information?
Original post by universityaddict
I looked at admission statistics and discovered that last year University of Oxford offered a place to 1 out of 242 EU (non-UK) applicants. How is this possible? I requested similar data from different unis and acceptance rates for EU students varied from 5 to 10 %. I get that in degree programmes such as Medicine the universities favour their own students, but Oxford seems to take it to a whole another level?! Anyone got opinions or information?

We looked into this and reckon that 11 places went to EU and international combined for Medicine (A100).

For EU, the success rate was 4% versus 16% for UK and 1% for international. Conditional on getting to interview, the success rates were 30% for EU, 43% for UK, and 7% for international. Note that the BMA impose a cap on international places - the only cap of this kind that there is at Oxford. This constrains the non-UK and especially the international success rate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending