The Student Room Group

Living in London but studying outside of London

I applied for SFE as a student studying at Oxford Brookes University this September and it's been approved but my circumstances have changed.

I'm a social housing tenant and I've been on the downsizing list for a while, the housing association has found me a one bedroom flat in south east London which I have to accept or I could become "intentionally homeless".

I'm also an independent/estranged student. Next year, when it comes to applying for maintenance could I apply for "Living away from your parents, in London" if I'm living in London but going to Oxford Brookes University?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by rightwing2001
I applied for SFE as a student studying at Oxford Brookes University this September and it's been approved but my circumstances have changed.

I'm a social housing tenant and I've been on the downsizing list for a while, the housing association has found me a one bedroom flat in south east London which I have to accept or I could become "intentionally homeless".

I'm also an independent/estranged student. Next year, when it comes to applying for maintenance could I apply for "Living away from your parents, in London" if I'm living in London but going to Oxford Brookes University?

Hi there,

You would select 'elsewhere,' students eligible for the London Rate are automatically assessed for that rate based on your course location and if you are receiving the income assessed element of the Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending