The Student Room Group

Problem Solving MATters Course, anyone?

One of our former students was instrumental in setting up this initiative! We have heard very good things about it so you should find it beneficial if you are enrolled.

Brasenose Admissions
Yesss I am! See you this Saturday I guess :'D Probably not the best since I have exams all of next week but what better way to procrastinate than by doing maths right? xD

Brasenose hosted a Maths study day today amidst the hottest temperatures in the UK since 1976!! We hope you have cooler conditions.

dMaths / dHeat = flame.jpg
Reply 4
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
Yesss I am! See you this Saturday I guess :'D Probably not the best since I have exams all of next week but what better way to procrastinate than by doing maths right? xD

see you then! you're not finished yet!? what exams do you still have? x

Original post by BrasenoseAdm
One of our former students was instrumental in setting up this initiative! We have heard very good things about it so you should find it beneficial if you are enrolled.

Brasenose Admissions

Original post by BrasenoseAdm
Brasenose hosted a Maths study day today amidst the hottest temperatures in the UK since 1976!! We hope you have cooler conditions.

dMaths / dHeat = flame.jpg

ahah thank you! i'm looking forward to it! weather's supposed to be cooling down a bit for the weekend so i'm praying the forecast's right (or at least that the building is air conditioned!) x
Original post by memeeee
see you then! you're not finished yet!? what exams do you still have? x

Yeah I've got my internals coming up D: Physics, Art and Music >< Most worried about Physics tbh - Art and Music I can just wing :')
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Yeah I've got my internals coming up D: Physics, Art and Music >< Most worried about Physics tbh - Art and Music I can just wing :':wink:

oh no! we had our internals at the same time as AS exams, which was stressful at the time but meant everyone prioritised them less and so we didn't have to work quite as hard - plus we're all free now! do you do five subjects then? x
Original post by memeeee
oh no! we had our internals at the same time as AS exams, which was stressful at the time but meant everyone prioritised them less and so we didn't have to work quite as hard - plus we're all free now! do you do five subjects then? x

Oh dear - tbh I don't know which I'd prefeer because everyone I know is now relaxing and I'm expected to be revising - it's sooo harddd! And ahaha no, although I just started doing AS Further Maths so kind of? 4 and a half :biggrin: (I didn't really know I wanted to do maths at uni until the start of 2017, so I foolishly didn't take Further Maths! If I could go back in time I'd definitely take Further Maths instead of Art xD)
Just curious - has anyone completed the first summer problem sheet? How did you find it? Thought it would be useful if we all discussed about it :biggrin:
I'm doing the course at Imperial. I didn't find it too hard, a few were a bit tricky. But Worksheet 2 is so hard. I'm stuck on question 3, I can't seem to find how to get the 2 angles needed before you find theta. pls send halp
Just curious - has anyone completed the first summer problem sheet? How did you find it? Thought it would be useful if we all discussed about it :biggrin:

I mean, I know theta must be 30 degrees, as I've drawn it to scale, but I can't work out how to get that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending