The Student Room Group

Natural Sciences at Cambridge 2024

Hi,
I'm planning on applying for Biological Sciences for my uni course, but also Natural Sciences at Cambridge for 2024. I have done some NSAA practice and stuff, but Im unsure if it is worth applying.
I got all 9s and 2 8s at GCSE, and I am doing Maths, Biology and Chemistry. I am hoping my predicted grades will be A*A*A, but I dropped my EPQ, because it was quite overwhelming and completely unrelated to anything I want to do. I have strong work experiences, and I have read a lot of books related to the topic. But is 3 A-Levels with the minimum grade requirement okay, and no further maths?
Also does it matter if my personal statement is for a Biological Sciences application, not a Natural Sciences one?
Any help would be much appreciated
Hi, 2nd year Phys Natsci at cambridge here.

It's totally fine to have no further maths especially for bio, some bio natscis didn't do maths A-level. 3 A-levels again is fine as that's all that is asked for.

The personal statement again doesn't matter. Cambridge are used to the fact that people applying to a natsci course are likely to be applying to different courses elsewhere. There was also something called the SAQ which I think they were re-designing but I believe still exists in some form which for me allowed you to submit an extra kind of personal statement thing to tailor it to more natural sciences stuff.

I'd recommend just applying for the sake of applying. The process itself is quite interesting and can be good for practicing talking about your subject in interviews, and for problem solving in NSAA.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I hope some of this helped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending