The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

How long will they hold my uni place?

I'm currently planning my options for this coming results day.

My firm choice is notorious for keeping students who've missed their offer waiting to see if they will still be given a place. I hold Edinburgh as my insurance. Ideally I would prefer to wait for my firm's response in the event that I miss my offer, but as they can take up to a week, I'm concerned Edinburgh might reallocate my place in the meanwhile, which could leave me without a uni place this cycle.

So my question is, how long will Edinburgh hold my place if I'm waiting for another response?

Thanks.
Original post by AlexBakSik
I'm currently planning my options for this coming results day.

My firm choice is notorious for keeping students who've missed their offer waiting to see if they will still be given a place. I hold Edinburgh as my insurance. Ideally I would prefer to wait for my firm's response in the event that I miss my offer, but as they can take up to a week, I'm concerned Edinburgh might reallocate my place in the meanwhile, which could leave me without a uni place this cycle.

So my question is, how long will Edinburgh hold my place if I'm waiting for another response?

Thanks.

An offer of a place is a one-sided contract in your favour, they can't take the offer back and give the place to somebody else. It doesn't matter how long they take to respond, that place is still yours.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending