The Student Room Group

EPQ in a week?

Scroll to see replies

Ayy it's adorable seeing all those "know it alls"say it's impossible and all. Listen here, this is coming from a certified procrastinator not only is it totally achievable but you can get a competitive grade whilst at it. I basically flunked every deadline throughout the year on the EPQ, had a feud (long story) with my EPQ advisor and if it wasn't for my silver tongue I would have been kicked out of the program twice.

I amassed a **** load of resources that just collected dust and then 8-10 days before my deadline, I decided it was about time I should start grinding out. In 3 days I finished my first polished draft, and my supervisor who hated my guts the entire year was blown away. I was one of the only few in the entire program who achieved an A (borderline A* tbh). My friend who also left it too late also got an A/B with just 5 days of writing. A week? That's a hilarious amount of time and don't listen to the naysayers. If you really want to be efficient, PM for a method that I used to combine both essay writing and research at the same time :smile: Good Luck!
Yes it is possible. I wrote my report in 4 days. Dunno what grade ill get though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlphaWolfZ
Ayy it's adorable seeing all those "know it alls"say it's impossible and all. Listen here, this is coming from a certified procrastinator not only is it totally achievable but you can get a competitive grade whilst at it. I basically flunked every deadline throughout the year on the EPQ, had a feud (long story) with my EPQ advisor and if it wasn't for my silver tongue I would have been kicked out of the program twice.

I amassed a **** load of resources that just collected dust and then 8-10 days before my deadline, I decided it was about time I should start grinding out. In 3 days I finished my first polished draft, and my supervisor who hated my guts the entire year was blown away. I was one of the only few in the entire program who achieved an A (borderline A* tbh). My friend who also left it too late also got an A/B with just 5 days of writing. A week? That's a hilarious amount of time and don't listen to the naysayers. If you really want to be efficient, PM for a method that I used to combine both essay writing and research at the same time :smile: Good Luck!

My dude, this is the response I was looking for!!! Thank you so much! Now I'm super motivated to SMASH THIS PROJECT!!! Will start working on it properly today and I hope to have finished in 7-10 days. Well done on your A, definitely well-deserved from what I've seen. I've PMed you. THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT RESPONSE.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by JickDee
Yes it is possible. I wrote my report in 4 days. Dunno what grade ill get though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
It'll be rough but I don't doubt that you'll manage it. I know someone who wrote theirs in a week and it was a gruelling experience for them but it is possible and it turned out to be of good quality because they just prefer to leave things to last minute. Good luck!
I wrote my entire EPQ essay over a two day period earlier in the year, while updating my production log and presentation as I went along and I'm fairly sure I've achieved an A/A*. It's very much possible if you take interest in the topic you're researching. Just remember to reference as you go along as that's what takes the longest amount of time. (I'm aware this is probably too late, but for future reference for those thinking of studying EPQ.)
So what did you all get in your EPQ?

Quick Reply

Latest