The Student Room Group

Very worried about Y12 Summer

My Year 12 summer has just started and I've gone abroad and will be away for most of the summer (apart from 2 weeks at the end).

I bought my laptop with me to work on my EPQ (due as soon as I get back - all I need to do is a few sections of the log and fix parts of the dissertation) and get ahead in my other subjects so that the work load will decrease when I get back.

As I'm abroad, I can't access my school files/teams, and teams displays an error message about not being able to access my files due to my location. Unfortunately, all of my EPQ work and other work I need to access is in those files.

I'm worrying as this may mean that I won't be able to get as much work done as I would have hoped. I'm aiming for A*A*A* in my A-Levels and I don't know if that is still attainable if I don't do any work over the summer.

I hope that it made sense and wasn't too long.
Reply 1
I did pretty much 0 work over the summer and ended up with 3A*'s, just make sure you put sufficient work in throughout year 13.

You haven't got much left of your EPQ so you should be able to get it done in the last 2 weeks you are at home?

Id recommend downloading files you need directly onto your own laptop/phone instead of relying on shared school files for any future trips
Reply 2
Original post by Skiwi
I did pretty much 0 work over the summer and ended up with 3A*'s, just make sure you put sufficient work in throughout year 13.

You haven't got much left of your EPQ so you should be able to get it done in the last 2 weeks you are at home?

Id recommend downloading files you need directly onto your own laptop/phone instead of relying on shared school files for any future trips

Thank you for alleviating my worries! What A-Levels did you do?
Reply 3
Original post by noz25
Thank you for alleviating my worries! What A-Levels did you do?

Maths, further maths and physics
Reply 4
maybe take this as a sign to just take it easy during summer - i'm sure you'll be fine relaxing during the summer, and those last two weeks give you a chance for the little left of ur EPQ :smile:
but i can understand not keeping on top of your work and be stress inducing even when abroad so maybe you could consider investing in a VPN to be able to change your location? (not 100% sure if this will work)
NordVPN is probably ur best bet - good value for its quality i think
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest