The Student Room Group

Does cambridge or oxford take part in adjustment

I have got my grades already and i did much better than expected which leads me to the question does either oxford or cambridge uni take part in adjustment as the grades ive got are enough to get into that of oxford or cambridge as ive checked both unis and for the course i am wanting to do ? any help

----------------
TSR Support Team edit:
Oxbridge isn't in adjustment, however if you have achieved better than expected and want to consider the Oxbridge option as a gap year applicant you could use the Post-Results Advice Clinic being hosted by @Christ's Admissions. It is a free, one-to-one skype or in-person chat with a member of the college admissions team.

More info here:
https://www.christs.cam.ac.uk/admissions/post-results-advice-clinic-2017
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No.
Reply 2
^, sorry. If you are determined to go to Oxbridge, you'll need to take a gap year and re-apply.
Reply 3
Original post by Zacken
^, sorry. If you are determined to go to Oxbridge, you'll need to take a gap year and re-apply.

ohhhhh do neither unis take part in clearing either ? as i could apply through clearing to either uni
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
No.

does either uni take part in clearing ?
Reply 5
Original post by harry7788

No
Reply 6
Original post by Desmos
No

ohhhh so my best bet would be to take a year out then ?
Reply 7
ohhhhh do neither unis take part in clearing either ? as i could apply through clearing to either uni

It's Oxbridge. They don't take part in clearing.
Reply 8

Oxbridge are not the be all and end all of unis. If you already have a place at a uni you'd like to go to then don't reject your offer to apply to a uni you might not like/get into. You wouldn't be doing yourself any favours. Besides, you could always do your master's at Oxbridge.

@Doonesbury what do you think?
Reply 9
Original post by Zacken
It's Oxbridge. They don't take part in clearing.

:frown: :frown: i will probably just take a gap year then and apply to both unis for next year
Reply 10

Original post by Desmos
Oxbridge are not the be all and end all of unis. If you already have a place at a uni you'd like to go to then don't reject your offer to apply to a uni you might not like/get into. You wouldn't be doing yourself any favours. Besides, you could always do your master's at Oxbridge.

Well, yes that's the only option for undergrad entry. If you don't mind taking a gap year and do so in the knowledge there's no guarantees of Oxbridge success then sure it's perfectly fine to give it a shot.

Which course, and what do you *think* your grades will be (and the subjects)?

As Desmos says, the postgrad route is also a choice anyway. :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by Desmos

my firm and insurance choice were unis which were very well respected its just i had done better than what i thought so i thought why not try to see if either uni did adjustment as i wouldve loved to go to either uni as i went to oxford with my college for an event and it seemed like a very good uni and something i wouldve liked its just i thought i wasnt going to get those sorts of grades so i didnt apply
Reply 12
Original post by Doonesbury
Well, yes that's the only option for undergrad entry. If you don't mind taking a gap year and do so in the knowledge there's no guarantees of Oxbridge success then sure it's perfectly fine to give it a shot.

Which course, and what do you *think* your grades will be (and the subjects)?

As Desmos says, the postgrad route is also a choice anyway. :wink:

my current grades are A*A*A and law as i was applying to do law at my currenty firm and insurance aswell but yes i will look into post grade route

would the oxbridge require interviews and different tests to be taken like the LNAT test as i have already take the LNAT and done stuff like that

You can do a second undergraduate at Cambridge as an affiliated student in 2 years rather than the normal 3. This used to be a very popular option with courses like law. However, the ELQ rules mean that you would need to fund both the university tuition fee plus the college fee now - realistically you'd be looking at about £14-16K per year. I don't know what your financial position is (nor do I want to know), but I thought I'd put this as an option for you. :smile:
:frown: :frown: i will probably just take a gap year then and apply to both unis for next year

NB. You can't apply for both unless you're applying as an organ scholar :nah:
Reply 15
You can do a second undergraduate at Cambridge as an affiliated student in 2 years rather than the normal 3. This used to be a very popular option with courses like law. However, the ELQ rules mean that you would need to fund both the university tuition fee plus the college fee now - realistically you'd be looking at about £14-16K per year. I don't know what your financial position is (nor do I want to know), but I thought I'd put this as an option for you. :smile:

I will look more into that actually sounds something which i would like to do but financially it is more than what i was looking at espically if my degree was 9k a year but i will look into it though
Reply 16
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
NB. You can't apply for both unless you're applying as an organ scholar :nah:

sorry i meant apply to either oxford or cambridge ahahahaa
Reply 17

I have a notification saying you've quoted me, but when I click on it, it takes me to this post. How strange.
Reply 18
I will look more into that actually sounds something which i would like to do but financially it is more than what i was looking at espically if my degree was 9k a year but i will look into it though

would both unis require to have interviews and to do certain tests by the way like the LNAT test ?
Original post by Desmos
I have a notification saying you've quoted me, but when I click on it, it takes me to this post. How strange.

I originally quoted your post by error - that's probably why you got the notification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending