The Student Room Group

TSR Anime Secret Santa - Summer Edition!

Scroll to see replies

Now waiting for one person. :poke:
And, done! That's everyone's series received and delivered~

Feel free to post your initial reaction to the titles you've received here, or come back once you've watched one or more of them to share more detailed thoughts. :yep:

I'll be announcing the identities of your Secret Santas at the end of August. If I remember. Feel free to poke me if I don't. :p:

@-Phoenix- @eugenius 8 @Michiyo @ParisOMg @roronoa1zoro @WWEaboo @Insecable @meshy @TrafLaw @Miss.Unknow
Original post by AngryJellyfish
And, done! That's everyone's series received and delivered~

Feel free to post your initial reaction to the titles you've received here, or come back once you've watched one or more of them to share more detailed thoughts. :yep:

I'll be announcing the identities of your Secret Santas at the end of August. If I remember. Feel free to poke me if I don't. :p:

@-Phoenix- @eugenius 8 @Michiyo @ParisOMg @roronoa1zoro @WWEaboo @Insecable @meshy @TrafLaw @Miss.Unknow

Thank you, dearest jellyfish :lovehug:

------------------------

My gifts were:

1. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. (two seasons of 13 episodes = 26 episodes without the specials/films/OVAs)
2. Kaze no Stigma (24 episodes)
3. Kiznaiver (12 episodes)
4. Chrome Shelled Regios (24 episodes)
5. Kuroko no Basket (3 seasons of 25 episodes = 75 episodes, and that without all the specials, OVAs, and films)
6. Tantei Gakuen Q (45 episodes)

My initial reaction (done thrice):

In total, I got six (nine if you count the sequels) recommendations! :zomg: And here I was, expecting just three. :laugh:

After looking at the episode count, genres, and synopses, here are my thoughts so far :smile:

1. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
Sorry, but I will probably skip this one since it has the romance tag and I do not like romance. :redface: The premise does not really interest me either. If I have time, I might watch it, but that is mostly because it has an acceptable number of episodes, a nice art style, and a good rating on MAL.

2. Kaze no Stigma
Kaze no Stigma sounds relatively interesting, even though it has some nuances of cliche in the summary. I will watch it.

3. Kiznaiver
This one sounds really interesting! :gah: And it is short, too. :biggrin: I am starting this one tonight or tomorrow. :woo:

4. Chrome Shelled Regios
This one looks quite interesting as well, albeit I think 'post-apocalyptic world in a school setting' might be a risky combination. (The last times I saw something similar were when I watched Kakumeiki Valvrave and Aldnoah.Zero and do not get me started on them. They were terrible and I only watched them for the lulz and good opening songs.) I will give it a go.

5. Kuroko no Basket
Once again, I apologise, but I will most likely skip this one. :getmecoat: I have heard many good things about it, but the problem is that it has waaaay too many episodes. I am not a big fan of sports anime either. However, I will inform myself on certain aspects that attract me to anime I would not watch normally and see if they appear in this, and if they do, I might actually watch it. :rolleyes:

6. Tantei Gakuen Q
While it does look pretty interesting, it has too many episodes for me, which means it risks becoming repetitive and boring no matter how different the mysteries they solve will be. :sad: If I have time, I will watch it, but I doubt I will. :erm:

The order in which I will probably watch them:
Kiznaiver, Kaze no Stigma, Chrome Shelled Regios, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru., Kuroko no Basket, Tantei Hakuen Q
(edited 6 years ago)
Do we get to know our secret Santa's???
Original post by ParisOMg
Do we get to know our secret Santa's???

As mentioned two posts above,

I'll be announcing the identities of your Secret Santas at the end of August.
As mentioned two posts above,

Thank you
It's looking like I have no alternative. :sigh:

@Skill Twix @Insecable @Harooki @AceOfSpade @meshy @roronoa1zoro @ParisOMg @mrProx @TrafLaw @Rarest @cloudyeyes @CrystalSalvatore - Just tagging random anime fans who may be interested in this thread, see the first post for more info and post to join if interested. :smile:

surprised you didnt tag me in this :eek:
Original post by quasa
surprised you didnt tag me in this :eek:

I mentioned it in a PM I sent you! :p: Guess I could have tagged you as well though, my bad.
Well, I'm a couple of days late, but meh. :p: Nice to see all the first reaction posts after you received your series, and all the reviews that came after you all watched them... *psst, you can still do that now if you want, makes the thread look less boring*

Anyway, here are the Secret Santa matchups:

-phoenix- picked for Michiyo, and as you may have seen in the one first reaction post that did happen (:hugs: Michiyo), three series somehow became nine with Oregairu (x2), Kaze no Stigma, Kiznaiver, Chrome Shelled Regios, Kuroko no Basuke (x3) AND Tantei Gakuen Q.

Michiyo also went slightly over quota, giving Kotonoha no Niwa, Death Billiards + Parade, Zankyou no Terror and Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu to eugenius 8.

eugenius 8 chose School Rumble, Welcome to the NHK and Shadow Star Narutaru for Miss.Unknow. The latter came with a ':awesome:' emoticon. I'd have gone with ':colone:', personally.

Miss.Unknow's recepient was -phoenix-, and they got Durarara!!, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic and Kuroshitsuji. And so ends that loop!

As for the remaining six, ParisOMg chose for meshy: Another, Zankyou no Terror (hello again) and White Album 2.

meshy selected Code Geass, Soul Eater and Binbougami ga as presents for roronoa1zoro.

Time for a pirate alliance, as roronoa1zoro got paired with TrafLaw, giving them Hajime no Ippo, Samurai Champloo and Black Lagoon!

TrafLaw gave WWEaboo the second Code Geass of the loop, along with Hunter x Hunter (2011) and Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu.

WWEaboo showed an equally good taste in series, picking JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans and Cowboy Bebop for Insecable.

And last but by no means least, Insecable gave ParisOMg Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate and... Code Geass. Meaning that everyone in that second loop either gave or received Code Geass. :zomg:

So that's all for now, until possibly the end of the year, when @nixonsjellybeans may return to do the usual Christmas time Secret Santa. :p: Hope you each got at least something you enjoyed from it. :smile:

This was so fun! Please tag me in the Christmas one! @AngryJellyfish
Well, I'm a couple of days late, but meh. :p: Nice to see all the first reaction posts after you received your series, and all the reviews that came after you all watched them... *psst, you can still do that now if you want, makes the thread look less boring*

Anyway, here are the Secret Santa matchups:

-phoenix- picked for Michiyo, and as you may have seen in the one first reaction post that did happen (:hugs: Michiyo), three series somehow became nine with Oregairu (x2), Kaze no Stigma, Kiznaiver, Chrome Shelled Regios, Kuroko no Basuke (x3) AND Tantei Gakuen Q.

Michiyo also went slightly over quota, giving Kotonoha no Niwa, Death Billiards + Parade, Zankyou no Terror and Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu to eugenius 8.

eugenius 8 chose School Rumble, Welcome to the NHK and Shadow Star Narutaru for Miss.Unknow. The latter came with a ':awesome:' emoticon. I'd have gone with ':colone:', personally.

Miss.Unknow's recepient was -phoenix-, and they got Durarara!!, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic and Kuroshitsuji. And so ends that loop!

As for the remaining six, ParisOMg chose for meshy: Another, Zankyou no Terror (hello again) and White Album 2.

meshy selected Code Geass, Soul Eater and Binbougami ga as presents for roronoa1zoro.

Time for a pirate alliance, as roronoa1zoro got paired with TrafLaw, giving them Hajime no Ippo, Samurai Champloo and Black Lagoon!

TrafLaw gave WWEaboo the second Code Geass of the loop, along with Hunter x Hunter (2011) and Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu.

WWEaboo showed an equally good taste in series, picking JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans and Cowboy Bebop for Insecable.

And last but by no means least, Insecable gave ParisOMg Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate and... Code Geass. Meaning that everyone in that second loop either gave or received Code Geass. :zomg:

So that's all for now, until possibly the end of the year, when @nixonsjellybeans may return to do the usual Christmas time Secret Santa. :p: Hope you each got at least something you enjoyed from it. :smile:

Ah sounds very fun!! I've reverted to lurking in recent months (my other subforums are dead sadly) but shall be back for the Christmas Secret Santa. Apparently I only ever rep you and can't give no more.

Quick Reply

Latest