The Student Room Group

Secret Santa: yay or nay?

Poll

Secret Santa?

This time of year lots of people are scrambling around to buy a keyring for their colleague because they forgot about secret Santa and it has to be done before Janet goes off.

Some people don't like secret Santa (as a concept), personally I'm all for it.

What do you think?

Christmas can be a difficult time for many people. If you need support- you are not alone- please reach out.
The following organisations may be able to help you:
www.samaritans.org
www.papyrus-uk.org
www.mind.org.uk
www.youngminds.org.uk
(edited 4 months ago)
Pretty mixed
In friendship groups it can be ok

In the workplace it is just odd, I got a very senior colleague in my first work secret santa and I just gave him some second hand university merchandise because that is literally all I knew about him :rofl:
Hate, hate, hate. Hate, hate, hate. Double Hate. Loathe entirely!
I love the idea of secret santa so you don’t have to buy lots of presents especially bc I have a friend group of 8 so that ends up being a lot of money otherwise
Original post by The Grinch
Hate, hate, hate. Hate, hate, hate. Double Hate. Loathe entirely!

My current phone wallpaper says this
Original post by agent_duck343
My current phone wallpaper says this

It's because I'm green, isn't it?
Ooh I just love any opportunity to spread the festive cheer :santa2: , whether at home or at work :smile: All good fun and an extra gift to open for Christmas :xmas:
Yay.
I'm instinctively a hard no here, and then somehow I ended up co-organising the Secret Santa in my office this year nonetheless :lol:
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 9
nay, its a risk spending all that money for them not to like the gift. Plus its over in 5 mins. Might as well all club together and contibute to a buffet where everyon can enjoy, and play some christmas music.
Original post by Ghostlady
nay, its a risk spending all that money for them not to like the gift. Plus its over in 5 mins. Might as well all club together and contibute to a buffet where everyon can enjoy, and play some christmas music.

Can't say no to a buffet and festive tunes! :xmasgrin: Sounds like a wonderful alternative
Original post by Saracen's Fez
I'm instinctively a hard no here, and then somehow I ended up co-organising the Secret Santa in my office this year nonetheless :lol:

How strange :eyeball: Christmas is just awful, so is Secret Santa, maybe you should try being a bit more Grinchy next year :mmm:
Original post by Ghostlady

mwehehe I do hate unnecessary festivities! :u:
Reply 12
No. I dont like anyone I work with enough to spend money on them.

Family and mates I will sort in the usual ways.
I had a secret Santa once that bought me condoms

Didn’t know what to make of it until i found out it was the hot receptionist and she wanted me to be prepared for the nights entertainment she had planned .

Then I thought it was the most thoughtful gift ever.
Tried it just once for the colleagues, and I did not like it so much and did not do it again. I think about to repeat it in friend's circle.

Quick Reply

Latest