The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Urgent student finance scared

Hello so I haven't checked my student finance as I didn't know I had to I was about to register online and it said that your payment may be late as you haven't provided bank details
I quickly provided them and now was wondering what happens now !!
How long till they get my details and it is all sorted I'm so scared and crying
I start freshers on the 18th and Official start is the week after
My student finance status is scheduled what does this mean ?
How long will this take and what happens now who should I ring I'm really confused on what I should do now 😫
And when should my student finance money go to the uni is trherw a date
I am referring to the tuition fee loan in all this I am not getting the maintenance
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Cookies89
Hello so I haven't checked my student finance as I didn't know I had to I was about to register online and it said that your payment may be late as you haven't provided bank details
I quickly provided them and now was wondering what happens now !!
How long till they get my details and it is all sorted I'm so scared and crying
I start freshers on the 18th and Official start is the week after
My student finance status is scheduled what does this mean ?
How long will this take and what happens now who should I ring I'm really confused on what I should do now 😫
And when should my student finance money go to the uni is trherw a date
I am referring to the tuition fee loan in all this I am not getting the maintenance

Firstly, stop panicking. That's not helping the situation.

Nobody ever gets student finance for the first day of freshers. That's impossible. The uni have to tick you off on the resister and tell student finance you're there, and then student finance has to pay you. So even in the best case scenario you'd be looking at getting your money around a week later.

However, updating bank details doesn't take SFE long to process at all. If it was only the bank details (and no other part of your application) that needed changing, there won't be a delay in payment as long as you did it online.

But if you're not getting any maintenance loan, you don't need to update bank details as nothing goes in your bank account anyway. Tuition fees get paid straight to the uni. So if your edit is correct, wtf are you panicking about?!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
Firstly, stop panicking. That's not helping the situation.

Nobody ever gets student finance for the first day of freshers. That's impossible. The uni have to tick you off on the resister and tell student finance you're there, and then student finance has to pay you. So even in the best case scenario you'd be looking at getting your money around a week later.

However, updating bank details doesn't take SFE long to process at all. If it was only the bank details (and no other part of your application) that needed changing, there won't be a delay in payment as long as you did it online.

But if you're not getting any maintenance loan, you don't need to update bank details as nothing goes in your bank account anyway. Tuition fees get paid straight to the uni. So if your edit is correct, wtf are you panicking about?!

Ok he reason I'm panicking is that I was registering online on my account as a student and it said your funding may be late the payment so what does this mean ?
Who should I contact maybe
And what should I ask
I only gave them my bank details so why would they need them
Does this affect my going to uni
Reply 3
Ok he reason I'm panicking is that I was registering online on my account as a student and it said your funding may be late the payment so what does this mean ?
Who should I contact maybe
And what should I ask
I only gave them my bank details so why would they need them
Does this affect my going to uni

Are you sure this is just tuition fees? If so, that does not require your bank details and so this will not cause any problems whatsoever.

If you're confused and you do mean the maintenance loan too, it may cause a delay of maybe a day if you're unlucky.
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
Are you sure this is just tuition fees? If so, that does not require your bank details and so this will not cause any problems whatsoever.

If you're confused and you do mean the maintenance loan too, it may cause a delay of maybe a day if you're unlucky.

I did not apply for he maintenance loan at all just the tuition fee loan
If it takes a day what happens
Reply 5

Then 24 hours pass and things are delayed :confused:

Here is a handy video that explains it

Original post by Juno

Loving the video.

Well that was a waste of a lot of tears.

Uni are used to late payments. You made it sounds like you were out on the street or into starvation. It doesnt really affect you and SFE will pay the money just fine after you have registered and the uni will be just fine with it.

You have nothing to worry about .
Reply 8
Original post by Juno

Sorry I don't understand how student finance works and wanted to know how it works and why when registering it said that my payments may be delayed for not providing details
Reply 9
Sorry I don't understand how student finance works and wanted to know how it works and why when registering it said that my payments may be delayed for not providing details

And I've told you many times that if it's a tuition fee loan, it doesn't even need bank details anyway. If you can't understand that simple statement why do you think you're going to cope at uni?
Reply 10
Original post by Juno
And I've told you many times that if it's a tuition fee loan, it doesn't even need bank details anyway. If you can't understand that simple statement why do you think you're going to cope at uni?

Im not asking I'm just saying what I was trying to explain
Why are you being rude ?
You don't even know me!
Reply 11
Original post by 999tigger
Well that was a waste of a lot of tears.

Uni are used to late payments. You made it sounds like you were out on the street or into starvation. It doesnt really affect you and SFE will pay the money just fine after you have registered and the uni will be just fine with it.

You have nothing to worry about .

Haha thank you so much- much appreciated I was confused why it's delayed that's it do you know roughly how many days it may take now or should the uni just sort that out
Haha thank you so much- much appreciated I was confused why it's delayed that's it do you know roughly how many days it may take now or should the uni just sort that out

It doesnt matter. Just let the uni know there might be a delay and then go and enjoy freshers. If you dont even need a maintenance loan then you have much less to worry about than most. Check 2-4 weeks after starting.
Reply 13
Im not asking I'm just saying what I was trying to explain
Why are you being rude ?
You don't even know me!

I don't know you, and yet I've spent nearly an hour trying to help you.

Yeah, guess I'm the rude one :rolleyes:
Reply 14
It doesnt matter. Just let the uni know there might be a delay and then go and enjoy freshers. If you dont even need a maintenance loan then you have much less to worry about than most. Check 2-4 weeks after starting.

Do you know what happens when do you get notified that it's all gone through ?
So do I have to do anything now regarding finance ?
Do you know what happens when do you get notified that it's all gone through ?
So do I have to do anything now regarding finance ?

Do you have a problem with worrying and anxiety generally?

Its all dragging on this and its a waste of effort for you. Its out of your hand now. Let SFE pay and if they havent sorted it in 2-4 weeks then chase it up.

The uni will be fine.

If youve given sfe all your details then there isnt anything else for you to do unless they request further info. Go and enjoy freshers.
Reply 16
Do you have a problem with worrying and anxiety generally?

Its all dragging on this and its a waste of effort for you. Its out of your hand now. Let SFE pay and if they havent sorted it in 2-4 weeks then chase it up.

The uni will be fine.

If youve given sfe all your details then there isnt anything else for you to do unless they request further info. Go and enjoy freshers.

No problems at all and thanks I will enjoy I know your all getting annoyed it's just I didn't know how it all worked the process and now I do thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending