The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan query. Need help

In my initial student finance application, I applied without the maintenance loan. On 24 september I decided I would like a £2000 maintenance loan so I updated my application. Is it guaranteed that I will receive the money. I need it very urgently. Will I receive the £2000 in full or in installments. I need the money very urgently. Please reply. Thankyou
Original post by Venom765
In my initial student finance application, I applied without the maintenance loan. On 24 september I decided I would like a £2000 maintenance loan so I updated my application. Is it guaranteed that I will receive the money. I need it very urgently. Will I receive the £2000 in full or in installments. I need the money very urgently. Please reply. Thankyou

Hi there,

Yes, if it's just £2,000 then that isn't income assessed so you'd be assessed for that amount. It's paid in 3 instalments over each term. If you've amended this via your application it can take 15 working days (as an estimated timescale to process). Timescales are subject to change and that's the current estimated date. Once processed we may still need to validate your National Insurance Number and then we need the university to release your payments and once they do this it can take 3-5 working days to process. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Yes, if it's just £2,000 then that isn't income assessed so you'd be assessed for that amount. It's paid in 3 instalments over each term. If you've amended this via your application it can take 15 working days (as an estimated timescale to process). Timescales are subject to change and that's the current estimated date. Once processed we may still need to validate your National Insurance Number and then we need the university to release your payments and once they do this it can take 3-5 working days to process. Thanks, Jason

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually in Wales so I'm using student finance Wales. When I updated my application to add the maintenance loan, it said to check your account in 48 hours. Another question I have is that how much will the £2000 be split into each term. How much will I receive in the first payment? Thanks
Original post by Venom765
Thanks for the reply. I'm actually in Wales so I'm using student finance Wales. When I updated my application to add the maintenance loan, it said to check your account in 48 hours. Another question I have is that how much will the £2000 be split into each term. How much will I receive in the first payment? Thanks

Hi there, you've posted on the Student Finance England forum. If you contact them directly for assistance with this. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending