The Student Room Group

Pre settled application issue

I helped my friend apply to student finance, she’s pre settled so we had to do her application as paper work and send it through mail .

I called student finance asking about her account if there’s anything needed and they mentioned that EU students do not get maintenance loan, however I am a EU student too and I am recording the maintenance loan, I am guessing it has to do with the pre settled issue… right now we just did her settled application to see if she can get settled ( she lived in uk for 13 years now) and we should be expecting updates in 5 days or a month time …. Does anyone know if I can re apply to student finance having her as settled now? Or maybe change her application to settled so I don’t have to start from 0 again ? Because I’m a bit scared if it’s not going to be too late for her to apply for student finance again baring in mind the student finance already approved and scheduled payments for her tuition but not maintenance, so I’m scared if she looses her tuition if we do decide to cancel it to make a new one?

Thank you
Original post by Mcv20
I helped my friend apply to student finance, she’s pre settled so we had to do her application as paper work and send it through mail .

I called student finance asking about her account if there’s anything needed and they mentioned that EU students do not get maintenance loan, however I am a EU student too and I am recording the maintenance loan, I am guessing it has to do with the pre settled issue… right now we just did her settled application to see if she can get settled ( she lived in uk for 13 years now) and we should be expecting updates in 5 days or a month time …. Does anyone know if I can re apply to student finance having her as settled now? Or maybe change her application to settled so I don’t have to start from 0 again ? Because I’m a bit scared if it’s not going to be too late for her to apply for student finance again baring in mind the student finance already approved and scheduled payments for her tuition but not maintenance, so I’m scared if she looses her tuition if we do decide to cancel it to make a new one?

Thank you

Hi there, Once your friends obtains the evidence confirming she has Settled Status she would need to send us evidence of this and a new application form to apply for the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loan funding. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending