The Student Room Group

fail first year

I have failed 5 of 6 modules in my first year what is the best option for me. If I re-sit and repeat the year , do i have to pay ? and if yes does the student finance cover the fees ?
Reply 1
Hi, Yes they can cover it, I'd recommend speaking to your University first and then contacting Student Finance with what you intend to do. I'm not too sure how your University deals with reassessment but for mine it was during summer so you might have missed it?
Reply 2
Original post by jimmy448
I have failed 5 of 6 modules in my first year what is the best option for me. If I re-sit and repeat the year , do i have to pay ? and if yes does the student finance cover the fees ?

I would expect your university to tell you what happens next at the point where you're officially informed that you've failed 5 out 6 modules, or if not immediately, very soon after.

I think it's unlikely you'll be able to do re-sits in the summer simply as there's really too much there to re-sit.

The best case scenario, I think, is that you'd need to repeat the year. Student Finance would normally cover one year's extra funding to cover this sort of case.

The worst case, though, is that your university will require you to withdraw.

You need to have an urgent chat to your personal tutor to discuss what the options are. If you have extenuating/mitigating circumstance that you have not yet drawn to your university's attention, you need to do that immediately. That might be the only way you're given the option to repeat the year rather than be removed from your course.

Do you understand why it is that you did so badly? And would you be able to fix that if you re-do the year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending