The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

Hi there, I applied for student finance and maintenance loan. I’m a loan parent and I was eligible for higher amount of loan, however as it was my first experience taking a loan, I was afraid to take a full amount, so I chose to borrow the minimum amount, which is £4,651. Now I’m thinking to borrow the full amount. I called student finance and asked them that I want to increase the amount based on my eligibility. however the staff I talked to said that I don’t have to do anything as they will automatically increase the amount after checking my eligibility. I was sceptical about what she said, as she hasn’t done any changes. And how would student finance know that I want to increase the amount? So I just wanted to know if first it’s possible to change and second if I have to take actions? This is quite urgent. Thank you very much in advance!
Original post by Soph789
Hi there, I applied for student finance and maintenance loan. I’m a loan parent and I was eligible for higher amount of loan, however as it was my first experience taking a loan, I was afraid to take a full amount, so I chose to borrow the minimum amount, which is £4,651. Now I’m thinking to borrow the full amount. I called student finance and asked them that I want to increase the amount based on my eligibility. however the staff I talked to said that I don’t have to do anything as they will automatically increase the amount after checking my eligibility. I was sceptical about what she said, as she hasn’t done any changes. And how would student finance know that I want to increase the amount? So I just wanted to know if first it’s possible to change and second if I have to take actions? This is quite urgent. Thank you very much in advance!

Hi there, Did you provide evidence of your child? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Yes, I provided evidence for my child and my marital status that I’m a lone parent
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Soph789
Yes, I provided evidence for my child and my marital status that I’m a loan paren

Hi there, Therefore we would be able to change your Maintenance loan amount, for us to be able to look into this further please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Did you provide evidence of your child? Thanks, Angela

Yes, I did provide evidence for my child and my marital status (that I’m a lone parent)
Original post by Soph789
Yes, I did provide evidence for my child and my marital status (that I’m a lone parent)

Hi there, So we can look into increasing the amount of funding required we do require access to your account, please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela
Reply 6
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, So we can look into increasing the amount of funding required we do require access to your account, please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

Thank you Angela, appreciate it
Unfortunately, there is no such an option on my account. I looked to find live chat, but it isn’t there and never was in the past. What alternative option do I have? Shall I call them?
Original post by Soph789
Unfortunately, there is no such an option on my account. I looked to find live chat, but it isn’t there and never was in the past. What alternative option do I have? Shall I call them?

To access live chat, log in and then click undergraduate student finance application and then contact us. It is available during office house M-F (you won't see it at other times).
Original post by Soph789

Hi there,

To access our live chat service select undergraduate and then ‘contact us’. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. Alternatively, you can contact us on 0300 100 0607 for further assistance. Our opening hours are stated on our ‘contact us’ page. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending