A2/IB predictions:
Any other info:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Course: History BA
GCSEs: 6A*s, 4As
AS levels: ABBB
A-level grades: ABC (history, maths, chemistry)
Any other info: Doing a gap year now. Emailed admissions and they strongly suggested that I apply so fingers crossed :smile:

I really liked the university and site itself, but wasn't too sure on the surrounding area. Anyone else thought the same / differently?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Oscar1602
Any other info: Doing a gap year now. Emailed admissions and they strongly suggested that I apply so fingers crossed :smile:

I really liked the university and site itself, but wasn't too sure on the surrounding area. Anyone else thought the same / differently?

Course: Law LLB
GCSEs: 9A* 2A
AS levels: BBC (Dropped the C in geography)
A Levels: A*BC (English Lang and Lit, French, Maths)
Any other info: Currently on a gap year

I've been having the same problem, I've always really wanted to move to London for uni and had my heart set on KCL, but after receiving my grades and emailing around I don't think they will consider my application, even though I intend to resit the modules that dragged me down :frown:

I really like the look of QM and they said that it is definitely worth applying to them but I've heard that Mile End is a questionable area so it has thrown me off a little. Best thing to do would be to go back and get a good feel for the local area, as well as talk people that can speak firsthand of their student experience at QM so you can get a well-rounded picture of the place.
Original post by ajsgd
GCSEs: 9A* 2A
AS levels: BBC (Dropped the C in geography)
A Levels: A*BC (English Lang and Lit, French, Maths)
Any other info: Currently on a gap year

I've been having the same problem, I've always really wanted to move to London for uni and had my heart set on KCL, but after receiving my grades and emailing around I don't think they will consider my application, even though I intend to resit the modules that dragged me down :frown:

I really like the look of QM and they said that it is definitely worth applying to them but I've heard that Mile End is a questionable area so it has thrown me off a little. Best thing to do would be to go back and get a good feel for the local area, as well as talk people that can speak firsthand of their student experience at QM so you can get a well-rounded picture of the place.

Aha you're literally in the same boat! Yeah good shout. The admissions tutor said if I applied asap then he would offer me an unconditional. If I do get an offer I think I'll then go back again and look round the area / ask people more before I make any final decisions.

Good luck with your modules you're re-sitting! :smile:
Reply 4
Aha you're literally in the same boat! Yeah good shout. The admissions tutor said if I applied asap then he would offer me an unconditional. If I do get an offer I think I'll then go back again and look round the area / ask people more before I make any final decisions.

Good luck with your modules you're re-sitting! :smile:

Aha thanks, and yeah sound plan. What other unis are you considering applying to?
Reply 5

Don't worry about the area. There's nothing wrong with it. It's a diverse area so it's packed with a range of different people. There's nothing to worry about. :smile:
Original post by ajsgd
Aha thanks, and yeah sound plan. What other unis are you considering applying to?

Cardiff, Sussex, Kent and Essex. Wbu? :smile:
Original post by Desmos
Don't worry about the area. There's nothing wrong with it. It's a diverse area so it's packed with a range of different people. There's nothing to worry about. :smile:

Yeah I'm sure it's fine :smile: - just wanted some other people's thoughts on the matter too. I suppose that's just London for you though, all lots of people in a tight space haha :tongue:
University choices: QMUL,Royal Holloway, Kent, Exeter and Southampton
What subject(s) are currently studying?: History, Psychology and Politics
LNAT: ---
Predicted A2 grades: AAA/AAB
AS grades: Politics- A
GCSE grades: AABBBBBCC
Why Law?:see less
Law is a very fascinating subject and I always believed that we are all robots/disciples controlled by our government and their Law. It is an old-age subject yet it is evolving everyday and this is what makes it interesting for me. I also came to this country 3 years ago, not knowing anyone and cannot speak good English. However, I got the highest GCSE result in my school which was Pent Valley (and its been closed down now) and now I study at the Folkestone School for Girls as a Year 13.

I am quite worried of pursuing Queen Mary because they value GCSE grades. Although ive heard that they also make contextualise offers. Is this true? Do they actually take my situations into consideration if I apply? This is because since my previous school was announced to be closed down, most of our teachers started leaving whilst we are in the crucial stage of revising for GCSEs. The school was a mess with no real support. But ive worked hard and now im studying at a grammar school. Anyone here from QMUL who might help me if its still worth pursuing to apply Law with Politics at Queen Mary?
Thinking of applying for Biology with ABC predictions, I dunno if that would work out considering entry requirements are ABB :colonhash: GCSE's: 7 A's, 3 B's, 1 C
GCSEs: A*A*AAAAAAABB
AS levels: A (Law) B (Maths)
A-level predicted grades: A*AA (Law, Maths, Drama & Theatre Studies)
Also applying to: Oxford, UCL, KCL, Bristol

Anyone else applying for Law?
University Choices: QMUL, Sussex, Kent, ?? (I have to wait for the Universities to get back to me)
Course: Economics and Finance with a Year in Industry
Current University GPA: 3.64

I've to maintain a CGPA above a 3.5 to get in to QMUL.
(edited 6 years ago)
Course: Science and Engineering Foundation programme
GCSEs: ABBBBBBCC / BTEC: D
A-levels: B,E,E (Sociology, Psychology and English Language) // (looking at resitting and predicted B's in Psych and Eng)

Any other info: currently on gap year, going to resit.

After reading some other comments and seeing better grades at GCSE and predicted grades at A-level, I feel like it's highly unlikely for me to get in because of my poorer grades in regards to the competition :frown:.

I haven't submitted yet as I am waiting on a reference from my college, but is there an interview process or is it just entirely based on your application?
(edited 6 years ago)
GCSEs: AAAABBBBC
AS levels/IB: BBC
A2/IB predictions: AAB
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by nataliamiernik16
GCSEs: A*A*AAAAAAABB
AS levels: A (Law) B (Maths)
A-level predicted grades: A*AA (Law, Maths, Drama & Theatre Studies)
Also applying to: Oxford, UCL, KCL, Bristol

Anyone else applying for Law?

I am 😊
Course: Law
GCSEs: 10 A*s and an A
AS levels: AAB in French, History and Eng Lit
A2 Predicted: A*A*A with an A* in law related EPQ
Reply 16
Course: Dentistry
GCSEs: 6 A*s 5 As
AS Levels: AAA
A2 Predicted: A*A*A* + A in EPQ
Also applying to: KCL, Manchester and Cardiff
Course: Maths with Actuarial science AND maths with finance and accounting
GCSE: 5A*, 4A and 1 B
AS: A in maths, B in further maths
Predicted grades: AAA
Course: History and Politics
GCSEs: I did NCEA which i got the highest grade in
AS levels/IB: ACCD
A2/IB predictions: A*AB
Any other info: Resat a lot of my AS exams this year, hopefully they don't mind!
Course: Law
Coming from the Czech Republic, therefore no GCSEs, AS
A2/IB predictions: 1,1,1,1 - an equivalent of A*AA
Any other info: Got my references, sat LNAT for KCL and basically just waiting for some final words on my PS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending