The Student Room Group

Law 2024 UCAS - when will I hear back from unis?

Hi I just wanted to ask when do offers usually come in for kcl, ucl and qmul for law? I know that kcl and ucl take long because of the lnat but for qmul you don't need the lnat so when would they start typically giving offers in? I sent my application almost a month ago.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by lailaaax
Hi I just wanted to ask when do offers usually come in for kcl, ucl and qmul for law? I know that kcl and ucl take long because of the lnat but for qmul you don't need the lnat so when would they start typically giving offers in? I sent my application almost a month ago.

I’ve seen on other threads some people getting offers from qmul so they are actively processing applications, they might wait until equal consideration to send offers to some people though

The average wait is 7 weeks for anywhere but universities where demand exceeds supply will be much longer. Places like UCL and Kings for something as popular as Law might not reply until May. A couple of years ago there were thousands of students in Kings who were auto rejected by UCAS because they had not made decisions by the deadline in May/June.
Reply 3

Look on the Law forum - (1) Law - The Student Room

Hi there, moved your thread to the Law forum.

UCL and KCL (particularly KCL) are notorious, nay, renowned for taking their sweet time to get back to applicants. As above, expect a bit of a wait for them. Queen Mary will probably be faster than UCL and KCL.
Reply 5

i applied in october to more or less the same unis and i got an offer from qmul.
but i havent heard from anyone else yet. a few days ago i got a notification from KCL that they received my LNAT score, which i thought was weird cause i thought that they'd have had my LNAT score by now, because i gave it in october. so i think at least for kcl it's going to take a really long time.
honestly it's just a very unnerving and very long waiting game! law is so competitive. i keep checking my email 24/7 in vain. we're all in the same boat, so all the best! and lmk if u get anything.
Reply 6
Original post by gaiaaaaaaa
i applied in october to more or less the same unis and i got an offer from qmul.
but i havent heard from anyone else yet. a few days ago i got a notification from KCL that they received my LNAT score, which i thought was weird cause i thought that they'd have had my LNAT score by now, because i gave it in october. so i think at least for kcl it's going to take a really long time.
honestly it's just a very unnerving and very long waiting game! law is so competitive. i keep checking my email 24/7 in vain. we're all in the same boat, so all the best! and lmk if u get anything.

literally we're in the exact same position like kcl sent me an email also but I haven't heard a thing from UCL even regarding my lnat so I'm not sure if its even arrived to them yet or if they start marking after application deadlines. KCL sent me an email today saying that they will get back to me before may so I'm just hoping by then both UCL and KCL give decisions out since its literally so stressful! I'm literally constantly panicking checking my email. All the best to you too:smile:)
Reply 7
student at ucl here.
kcl have begun giving out offers for law. but i wouldn't worry- usually its better that they take longer because it means that they might be mulling over your application. if you hear back early its probably a rejection.
ucl literally take years, but last year i applied early for oxbridge and heard back around now (march) i think.
not sure about qmul.
:smile:
Reply 8
Hello. I applied to both KCL and UCL and received Rejections from them both recently. KCL replied in late Feb and UCL rejected me today. Theyre definitely getting through all the applications now! Ive heard that theyve been giving out offers too. Best of luck! I hope yiu hear back with good news soon.

Navigating Higher Education: How Universities Forum Helper Supports Students"

"Empowering Student Success: The Role of Universities Forum Helper"

"Unlocking Potential: How Universities Forum Helper Guides University Applicants"

"Streamlining the Application Process: Universities Forum Helper in Action"

"Community Support: Universities Forum Helper Fosters Collaboration Among Students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending