The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Qmul 2023 data analyst

Thought I’d try start a thread of people that got accepted into QMUL in general.

I got rejected unfortunately for my data analyst degree apprenticeship. My offer was ABB and I ended up with ABC. It ended up being 2 marks off the B grade and I am considering a remark now with my teachers. Sucks to see really with other people in the country being accepted with much worse grades in relation to their offer.

I was just curious to see other peoples offers/acceptances to see what it’s like.
Original post by tamjidchoudhury
Thought I’d try start a thread of people that got accepted into QMUL in general.

I got rejected unfortunately for my data analyst degree apprenticeship. My offer was ABB and I ended up with ABC. It ended up being 2 marks off the B grade and I am considering a remark now with my teachers. Sucks to see really with other people in the country being accepted with much worse grades in relation to their offer.

I was just curious to see other peoples offers/acceptances to see what it’s like.

[Move to the QMUL forum]

Have you informed QMUL that you are considering a priority marking review?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by normaw
[Move to the QMUL forum]

Have you informed QMUL that you are considering a priority marking review?

Hi,
I have used my application portal to send a message about this, that I am in the process of considering a priority marking review yes. I have also read on the QMUL degree apprenticeships admissions policy for 23/24 that applicants who's grades narrowly fall below academic requirements can still be accepted subject to recommendation of the relevant employer.

With this in mind I am going to try and contact my employer on monday with regard to this. If you have any advice for this it would be much appreciated.
Hi,
I have used my application portal to send a message about this, that I am in the process of considering a priority marking review yes. I have also read on the QMUL degree apprenticeships admissions policy for 23/24 that applicants who's grades narrowly fall below academic requirements can still be accepted subject to recommendation of the relevant employer.

With this in mind I am going to try and contact my employer on monday with regard to this. If you have any advice for this it would be much appreciated.

I think you've taken the right steps already. Let us know how you get on with your employer on Monday.

Hey I really hope your remark goes well, you're the first other person I've seen to even mention the data analyst apprenticeship I can't find a single other person. I got in but only just, I'm shocked they didn't accept you with a single grade off because that's what mine was I missed it by a grade but got accepted. Keep on it and be persistent cuz I'm sure it'll work out for you
Original post by aliiiiiiii.
Hey I really hope your remark goes well, you're the first other person I've seen to even mention the data analyst apprenticeship I can't find a single other person. I got in but only just, I'm shocked they didn't accept you with a single grade off because that's what mine was I missed it by a grade but got accepted. Keep on it and be persistent cuz I'm sure it'll work out for you

Hi what was your offer and grades in the end? I also did a level 3 in core maths last year so i'm surprised they didn't let me in. I will keep trying for now and if not it wasn't meant to be I suppose? Was it your firm choice?
And have PwC sent anything to you? I haven't heard from them and don't really know who to contact come Monday lol
Hi what was your offer and grades in the end? I also did a level 3 in core maths last year so i'm surprised they didn't let me in. I will keep trying for now and if not it wasn't meant to be I suppose? Was it your firm choice?
And have PwC sent anything to you? I haven't heard from them and don't really know who to contact come Monday lol

I had it as my insurance but had the offer as BBB, pretty sure it was so low because EPQ + I did maths A-Level, I actually firmed the Birmingham apparenticeship but missed the grades maybe that's why they were more lenient but idk, the email I've been using is [email protected] I'm p sure but they don't answer on weekends. They've sent me the updated stuff but cuz I did all my forms and everything for bham it carried over so I don't have much to do but accept the new offer letter. I think ringing qmul entry would be best because it's the uni that deals with the grades and not pwc but there's no harm in emailing too
I had it as my insurance but had the offer as BBB, pretty sure it was so low because EPQ + I did maths A-Level, I actually firmed the Birmingham apparenticeship but missed the grades maybe that's why they were more lenient but idk, the email I've been using is [email protected] I'm p sure but they don't answer on weekends. They've sent me the updated stuff but cuz I did all my forms and everything for bham it carried over so I don't have much to do but accept the new offer letter. I think ringing qmul entry would be best because it's the uni that deals with the grades and not pwc but there's no harm in emailing too

Ok thankyou so much for this. I have it as insurance too with the Leeds one as my firm. I of course missed the firm grades so now QMUL one is left. I know PwC don't bother with anything grades related but was just wondering where I stand with them in the meantime while I get that potential remark. Because I also have that meeting thing to do for the apprenticeship on the 30th august via teams. You can take my snap if you like @tamjidchou and I can message you on there? I am also not really sure on what to tell QMUL when i ring as ive already left messages on the applicant portal, basically telling them that I have started considering remark and also gave them a copy of my A level certificate to include the small course I did last year.
Reply 8
Hi,

Omg I am in the exact same position except I got BBB instead of ABB. I contacted Pwc and they are working on it bc I most definitely would have got the grades if it wasnt for the ridiculous grade boundaries. QMUL are being really strict with the grades I tried contacting them several times as you said and they just wouldn't budge. Deffo contact pwc, I'm still awaiting a response.
Original post by rhyxan
Omg I am in the exact same position except I got BBB instead of ABB. I contacted Pwc and they are working on it bc I most definitely would have got the grades if it wasnt for the ridiculous grade boundaries. QMUL are being really strict with the grades I tried contacting them several times as you said and they just wouldn't budge. Deffo contact pwc, I'm still awaiting a response.

Didn't think I'd see anyone in my situation. Yeah man it's just crazy that our year meant grade boundaries were ridiculous. Last year I would've got an A*, an A and B probably. Sucks really. I have just emailed PwC about my situation, which address did you email btw? You can add my snap too if you like^^ Hope everything works out for us both :smile:
Reply 10
Didn't think I'd see anyone in my situation. Yeah man it's just crazy that our year meant grade boundaries were ridiculous. Last year I would've got an A*, an A and B probably. Sucks really. I have just emailed PwC about my situation, which address did you email btw? You can add my snap too if you like^^ Hope everything works out for us both :smile:

I know this is so disappointing. I was also at the open day as well for QMUL back in March-April. I have literally tried everything I can with QMUL and I am still trying. I don't get why they can't let us in when we were only one grade off. I am seeing people get into AAB courses with BBC or something like I don't get it. I used this email: [email protected]. I'll add your snap as well. I rlly hope it works out for us bc I rlly don't know what else I would do really.
Reply 11

what grades did you end up getting if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by rhyxan
what grades did you end up getting if you dont mind me asking?

Well it's not my best moment as I expected to get higher but I'm happy w it nonetheless I got BBC in maths bio and chem
Original post by normaw
I think you've taken the right steps already. Let us know how you get on with your employer on Monday.

I ended up with my grade going up and receiving an offer for the degree apprenticeship. Anyone who sees this and is also doing the data analyst course let me know!
I ended up with my grade going up and receiving an offer for the degree apprenticeship. Anyone who sees this and is also doing the data analyst course let me know!

Fantastic news :dancing2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending