The Student Room Group

Working at Iceland

Hello,
I recently gave in my CV at my local Iceland store as they had a poster up saying that they are hiring. Does anyone know how long it might take to hear back, and any tips for the application? Many thanks for your help.
Reply 1
Original post by jacktns
Hello,
I recently gave in my CV at my local Iceland store as they had a poster up saying that they are hiring. Does anyone know how long it might take to hear back, and any tips for the application? Many thanks for your help.

Hey, It could possibly take up to a week as they would have to shortlist many applicants that have applied. Which application are you talking about?
Reply 2
Original post by Asha_19
Hey, It could possibly take up to a week as they would have to shortlist many applicants that have applied. Which application are you talking about?

Thanks for your reply. I applied for a sales assistant role.
Reply 3
Good luck for your opportunity and I hope you get selected and tips for the application would be is to sell all your good points into the application. Briefly describe why they should choose you and what can you bring to the organisations that other individuals can't? Whats your skills? Why should they consider you? What makes you so good? What experience do you have? etc
Reply 4
Original post by Asha_19
Good luck for your opportunity and I hope you get selected and tips for the application would be is to sell all your good points into the application. Briefly describe why they should choose you and what can you bring to the organisations that other individuals can't? Whats your skills? Why should they consider you? What makes you so good? What experience do you have? etc

Ah ok, thanks so much for your help! I will make sure I include all of those points. 👍🙂
Reply 5
Original post by jacktns
Ah ok, thanks so much for your help! I will make sure I include all of those points. 👍🙂

No worries. Im glad thats helped you a bit if you need any more help them direct message me :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Asha_19
No worries. Im glad thats helped you a bit if you need any more help them direct message me :smile:

Thank you, I'll let you know if I get the job! 😀
I worked for Iceland, I heard back from them pretty quickly. The interview wasn't scary. Just be yourself on professional behaviour and you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by QuestionQuest
I worked for Iceland, I heard back from them pretty quickly. The interview wasn't scary. Just be yourself on professional behaviour and you'll be fine :smile:

Ah ok, and thanks for your reply. Do you know if they are keen on hiring 16 year olds?
Original post by jacktns
Ah ok, and thanks for your reply. Do you know if they are keen on hiring 16 year olds?

My local Iceland hired quite a few so yes they are :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by QuestionQuest
My local Iceland hired quite a few so yes they are :smile:

Great, thank you! 😀
Hi I applied for a retail assistant role online and i had to do a questionnaire. Does anybody know the answers to them as I am worried because they haven't got back to me yet? But how long does it usually take to get back?
I had a similar situtation, sign outside and handed my CV in, this was on a wednesday, by monday they called me for an interview that day and today (The next day) i got a call saying I had the job! I'm 17 so they should hire 16 year olds as well
Original post by username3550432

do you remember anything about your interview?
Original post by HollsRen
do you remember anything about your interview?

I’ve just done mine, the questions are quite repetitive.
In a nut shell, the first question I got asked was to talk about myself - what I get up to, things I’m passionate about, that is why it’s a good idea to get involved in extra curricular you acc like and also things within your school community, this kind of question will always come up in interviews and it gives you something to talk about. I also got asked about what I could bring the company, and a few scenarios, but Yh having a few things to talk about in the first question really helped as almost everything has tansferable skills. The interviews aren’t pressure filled at all, well mine wasn’t at all. Just be professional, your young they know this is probably one of your first ever jobs so just chill

Hope this helps someone😊
Hiya I'm also applying for an Iceland job rn, what should I wear to my interview? (Am a girl btw)
Anyone that’s been working at Iceland for a little while now... I need your help

So, on my rota I got an authorised absence cos they hadn’t put me down on enough hours for me to meet my contract

My question is should I get paid for this “authorised absence” or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending